Considering becoming full timers!! Is it doable financially!!!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Here is a thought for traveling full time. If you want to make some money on the road and stay for free check into Southeast Publications.com We have been 'working' for SE Publications for 4 years now. They produce the Guest Guides you receive when you check into an rv park. We sell the advertising inside the guides and while working a job at the park you stay for free at that park. There is no territory so you can travel to where you want and although you do have a minimum of 8 jobs a year you must work that is only 16 weeks. This also allows tax benefits since your RV is your office. To find out more check out www.southeastpublications.com Or you can PM me and I can tell you more. We do still have a home although we stay on the road most of the time. I just personally prefer to have a safety net of a place to go to when the traveling days are over. We also are a member of Thousand Trails which allows us to stay for free for up to 21 days (28 days twice a year) with our level of membership. This has been a blessing for us and by having the level of membership we have we can stay at all of the Thousand Trails Preserves nationwide. Some Thousand Trails charge $3 a night for 50 amp and 30amp is free but 3 a night certainly beats 30-40. There is even a Thousand Trails Preserve in Claremont Fl within 30 minutes of Disney World. Cool. Good luck and Happy Travels.

Seren

Wow, reading this is enlightening as to the difference on how much money people budget to fulltime. We have been since June and are still getting our hands around our budget, but I read once that if you want someting enough, then you will make it work. I believe that fulltimers can spend anywhere from $1,000 a month, to $10,000 a month. It all depends what you want to do and spend money on. For example, we budget $60 a month to eat out, because my wife loves to cook and makes awesome food, even when we lived in a stick and brick we hardly ever ate out. For us, we love hiking (no cost) and have some fantastic pictures of the Appalachians especially this time of year. Anyway, a budget is extremely important, along with relaxing, slowing your pace of life down and having fun together.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD