Control panel disconnect?

I have a brand-new 2021 Sundance Ultralight 324BH that I picked up today. During the walk-through, the disconnect switch didn't disconnect. I wasn't surprised since it was connected to 120V AC service and the converter was working. I was surprised, though, when I got home and neither position, in or out, had any effect on any of the DC devices or lights. Can someone point me to a block/circuit diagram that shows how the control panel power disconnect "should" be installed? I will pull the panel out tomorrow and check to see if the disconnect is even connected. Thanks in advance for your help!

David

danemayer

If you have a push button battery disconnect located inside the trailer, it may be the new type that takes about a minute for the light to go out. If pushed a 2nd time, it cycles back ON. Our Electrical User Guide may be of help.

If you have a push button battery disconnect located inside the trailer, it may be the new type that takes about a minute for the light to go out. If pushed a 2nd time, it cycles back ON. Our Electrical User Guide may be of help.

Thanks for the quick response. I'll check the User Guide. The switch is the very old style, manual push/pull like they used on car headlights 60 years ago. :)

Problem solved. It was a loose nut behind the keyboard... The battery disconnect works fine, unless there is external power. I expected that for AC, but forgot that the aux power pin on my RAM 3500 7-way plug is always hot. I left the camper connected last night because I needed to move it first thing this morning. Since the external 12-volt was connected the battery disconnect didn't matter-- there was power onboard without the battery.

I should have remembered this, since two years ago I left a different camper connected overnight and apparently there was a substantial enough battery discharge from the camper that I had to jump-start the truck the next morning! My SOP since then has been to disconnect the 7-way for any overnight parking stops. It was only an issue if the converter wasn't running. I forgot that last night. Luckily it wasn't a problem since I connected to AC overnight because I thought the disconnect wasn't working.