Converting Sewer Connection from Flex Hose To Solid Pipe

wdk450

Gang:
As I have reported before family life events have caused me to park my Bighorn in an RV park in Porterville, California for an indeterminate stay. Today the Park had a visit from a representative of the California State Department of Health who told the manger that any rig staying over 30 days must replace the flexible sewer hose with a solid pipe hookup to the sewer connection. I have a few questions:

1. Has anyone ever heard of anything like this??? I have stayed in most of the 13 Thousand Trails parks in California, most of them having numerous permanently leased sites, and have never seen this.

2. How do you make the connection from the 2 stud twist ring connector to solid sewer pipe?

3. Is black ABS sewer pipe approved for above ground use, and is it UV resistant?

We have 30 days until the inspector's next visit.

danemayer

Hi Bill,

I think this might get you from the sewer outlet to 3" PVC.

I've not heard of a requirement like this, but I have used a PVC pipe in past winter hookups. I cobbled together various parts from Lowes, including some rubber fittings.

One problem you'll run into is the PVC gets cut to length. If you have to leave and come back, it can be tricky getting into the exact same position.

Fox

Are you using the Bighorn? If not then will completely disconnecting from the sewer system suffice?
Otherwise I'd make a trip to Lowes and hardpipe it.