Corral RV Park - Dalhart Texas

sislv

Tom & Sharol
On our way to Arizona for the winter, Sharol and I were going to stay overnight at The Corral RV Park in Dalhart Texas. We both fell ill with a virus of some kind and wound up staying a total of 6 days. It was probably the best 6 days of Texas hospitality.

Owners Michael & Shannon Layman were extremely helpful during our stay, and they run an excellent, clean, and nicely laid out RV Park. Michael graciously unhooked one of our propane tanks and drove to get it filled, re-installing it when he returned. We paid him for the tank fill but he refused our offer to pay for his help. We felt a little better after about 5 days, but I was still pretty shaky. Again, Michael stopped by to see if there was anything else he could help us with, and he went and got a prescription filled for us. Upon his return, he asked our plans. We mentioned we planned to try and get to Amarillo to seek more medical help, and be somewhere that our family could fly in to if necessary. Michael again volunteered to drive us and our Bighorn fifth wheel down to Amarillo since he was on his day off from working on the railroad. His mother and grandmother also volunteered to drive down (and shop) and pick up Michael. Again, we tried to pay for their assistance but they said it was not necessary, they were happy to help. Michael recently lost his Grandfather whom he admired very much, and had been the original owner of the park, I think since the 1950's. I believe he must have been a great person and taught Michael many good things, especially hospitality and good business ethics and pride of providing the traveling public with a great RV Park. Many of you who travel in unfamiliar country, and are in need of local assistance can understand how much this help and hospitality means to us.

Sharol and I are deeply indebted to None Michael and his family, and we highly recommend "The Corral RV Park" located on US-54 (Liberal Street) on the north side of Dalhart Texas. Rest assured they will treat you with true Texas hospitality !

We have been here at "Wonderland RV Park" in Amarillo for 5 days and are almost 100% better. This also is a nice quiet park located along US-287 on the north side of town. The people here also have been very helpful and hospitable.

We have canceled our plans to winter in Arizona. For medical reasons, we plan to return to wintering in Zephyrhills FL and will be heading that way Monday via US-287 towards Ft. Worth/Dallas then southeasterly. We hope all the other snowbirds on the forum are well and enjoying the southern warmth. We have been enjoying our 2006 Bighorn 3055RL and it has been trouble free :) for over 12,000 miles now. Even the original Load Star tires have been holding up great :cool:, maybe my babying them on rough roads and keeping them clean with spray protectant and pressure at 80 # whether hot or cold may help.

Tom & Sharol @ 99.9 %

jbeletti

Tom and Sharol,

So sorry to hear of your illness. Happy to hear you are nearly 100% now. Thanks for sharing such a touching story. What great people.

You guys get back to full strength, drive safe to FL and enjoy your winter.

Maybe we'll see you in Goshen in June. Gotta have our Dancers back!

Jim

SmokeyBare

Tom and Sharol,

Great report ! I too hope your both well on the road to recovery.

I hope the Park gets a copy of your posting... so often they field complaints only... I'm sure they would enjoy reading your comments about their Act of Kindness. They went far beyond being a good business...

Through their actions, they demonstrated their compassionate and carring heart can leave a lifetime of lasting impressions on others in their time of need.

My Hat's off to Michael & Shannon Layman, owners of The Corral RV Park in Dalhart Texas !!

Marv

sislv

Tom & Sharol
Posting

Hi Jim.......many thanks for your post. Also for Marv, yes we did send them the URL of the posting. We're really enjoying our stays here in Texas.

Tom & Sharol

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
Hi guys, glad to hear you are much better, hope you have a great winter and think of us up here in the cold..../Doug & Lynne

sislv

Tom & Sharol
Invitation

Hi Doug and Lynne.....

You're welcome to join the other snowbirds ! Good to hear from you two. Diesel has been running around $ 2.97 here.

We should be on the road to Florida tomorrow morning, taking US-287 towards Ft. Worth/Dallas......

Tom & Sharol

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Tom and Sharol

Sorry to hear of your illnesses. Hope we see you sometime this winter. We plan to be in Lakeland January-March.

sislv

Tom & Sharol
In Texas

Tom and Sharol

Sorry to hear of your illnesses. Hope we see you sometime this winter. We plan to be in Lakeland January-March.

We're heading that way Chuck, pulled in to Bowie TX for tonight. I may try to phone an old friend in Ft. Worth on the way. We're not sure whether we'll drop down to I-10 in Louisiana or around Mobile AL.

See you two in FL..........

rwoodall

Marshfield, Mo
Tom & Sharol

Thanks for the information regarding Corral RV Park in Dalhart Texas. I will add them to my data base for RV Parks. It’s somewhat lonely out in Dalhart and that part of Texas so it’s good to have a name of a good RV park with such a recommendation.
Thanks

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
Tom & Sharol, we sure hope to join the snowbirds some year, I have aging parents that I want to stay close to, both in their 90's, living on their own and pretty healthy but need our help sometimes. We'll see what the future holds.../Doug

christianson

We stay at Corral Rv Park both going to AZ going back to Mn inthe spring we have been doing that for the last 7 years it is an excelent park . great to have such a park to stop at