Cost of delivery

Gaffer

Can anyone tell me what it costs to have a new fiver delivered? The dealer is in Gresham, Oregon. The distance from Elkhart is 2200 miles.

Just trying to keep them honest. If it is 4 to 5 thousand, we may want to pick it up near the factory. That is if I can get around the sales tax. We don't have that here which limits us to two dealers in my state for the Heartland brand we want.

danemayer

We bought in Indiana and their sales tax was waived because we declared that it would be titled in Texas, where we would have to pay the sales tax with the title application.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
We bought in Indiana and their sales tax was waived because we declared that it would be titled in Texas, where we would have to pay the sales tax with the title application.

Same here. They sent us home with the certificate of origin that was sent to state to tittle the fiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
I think we allowed between 2500 and 3000 for delivery of ours. I know it was cheaper to have it delivered than for us to drive back and pick it up when our time was taken into consideration.

Which one are you looking at?

Kristy

Gaffer

Remember that new Big Country at the Oregon Rally that had the plank flooring all the way to the rear and the movable island? Model 3251. Karol has to have one.
I think we allowed between 2500 and 3000 for delivery of ours. I know it was cheaper to have it delivered than for us to drive back and pick it up when our time was taken into consideration.

Which one are you looking at?

Kristy

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Lakeshore RV (Gary England) only charged us $1.00 a mile one way. $1.50 is on the high side.
Normal would be $1.25 mile, the terms are very negotiable If they want the sale.

Drivers do not make 1.50 per mile.....1/2 of that if they are lucky.

Gaffer

I have it on good authority from Heartland that they are currently paying 1.70 - 1.90 per mile this being their busy season.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
That's what I thought! Now hurry up and get it do so you can come to our rally and maybe the WA too.

Kristy