Costco portable induction hotplate

RoadJunkie

Hey PJ...We have one very similar to this, I thought I would use it for outside cooking. While ours came with a small skillet, all of our other pans were incompatible. I'm unwilling to be all new pans just to cook outside, so we haven't really used it much. When we did use it it seemed to work fine.

Gaffer

I have seen some really affordable pans that will work. Just take a magnet with you when you are looking at pans.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We are using the NuWave induction cooktop and love it. I like it so much that I'm thinking about getting a second one. Haven't looked at Costco but that would be an option. We got the NuWave from Bed, Bath & Beyond.

IronJ

We have 2 of those and 2 nuwave....the costco ones work just as good...the pans it comes with arent uber high end but we leave em in the camper and they work great...

And yes..if a magnet sticks that means it has enough iron content to function on the induction.....you can find cheap ones OR expensive ones

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

Ellie

I bought a Costco Salton brand induction hotplate for our camper last year and I liked it so much I bought another one for my kitchen counter at home. It is quick and easy, boils water so much faster than the kettle but the fan noise is a bit annoying. I also like that it is a safer heat source in that it doesn't stay hot after you take the pot off. I would say to give it a try and if you don't like it, just take it back to Costco!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
We bought one of these at Walmart on sale for $63. So far its working great. Only had it for a month, but we use it several times a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have thought an old retiree, full-timer would have used it a whole lot more than just several times a week.:rolleyes::cool: