Cottonwood

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Just a note on A/C problems, although it may be more related to larger home units. If you have cottonwood trees around you, get a hose and clear the evaporator coils. The junk from those trees creates a blanket on the outside of them that restricts airflow and causes the unit to work harder and less efficiently. The crap I clear off of ours is enough to knit a quilt sometimes.

Cottonwood trees are best pruned with a chainsaw at the base.

ram22

Just a note on A/C problems, although it may be more related to larger home units. If you have cottonwood trees around you, get a hose and clear the evaporator coils. The junk from those trees creates a blanket on the outside of them that restricts airflow and causes the unit to work harder and less efficiently. The crap I clear off of ours is enough to knit a quilt sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

I agree! Grew up with one in our front yard. Either dropping leaves (especially if it got hot in the summer), small branches or spreading that stupid cotton. No good season for this tree.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh

We are parked underneath one now for the next couple of months. It has already dropped a branch big enough to put a dent in the bed rail of the pickup. Every day so far we hear the smaller branches landing on the roof. I appreciated the reminder to keep the coils clear of the cotton.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Parked under some along the Flathead River near Kalispell in early May a few years ago. Annoyingly sticky blossoms all over the ground!! Those that landed on the roof and the SD bled red sticky ooz.
Never again!!!