Custom Living Room Area

Flick

When the furniture in our Cyclone started to deteriorate, it allowed us an opportunity to customize our living space to make it more user friendly for us.
For the most part, from the very beginning of getting this coach, we liked everything about it except the couch setup because it was so bulky, took up a lot of space, didn’t allow easy access to the rear when slides were in and we didn’t use the couches enough to justify all the space they took up. We also had to constantly set up the table and again take it down.
When we took out the deteriorating couches, the space looked like a giant room had been added on. That’s when the new table and recliner idea happened. I built the table and installed it with the thought in mind that if in the future, the next owner didn’t like it, they could remove a few screws and take it out. The table is 44” along the sides and 44” deep. Pine lumber was used and stained to coordinate with the coach’s wood trim.
We also converted the garage to a sitting room with lay down carpet that can be rolled up. We have 2 Lazy Boys in there and still gives us access to hauling our bicycles and 3 wheel electric scooter.

3283283D-09BB-45F8-91EC-4E82772831EA.jpg0B6738D7-B0F5-434D-83DD-132DA429DF05.jpg726DB5E9-4C98-4C22-9CE9-0D46B6B714B4.jpgU

Attachments

• A7518A34-5AE9-48E5-9C31-3AD4AB09BF37.jpg
    A7518A34-5AE9-48E5-9C31-3AD4AB09BF37.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 148

Flick

Thanks for the kind words. It fits our needs for now and is fun to see it come together from a drawing on my shop floor to putting it in place.

Jonaha

When I want to make repairs or replace old furniture, it’s hard for me to choose furniture in one style or imagine what the blue walls will look like in my living room, so I start looking for examples of different interior designers on the Internet and this helps me choose furniture or make sure that the blue walls this isn't a good idea for a living room. I really like Swiss Interior, so I often find cool home ideas on their website. It seems to me that there is nothing wrong with entrusting this work to professionals.

Last edited: