Cyclone 4006 leaking

We purchased a 2021 cyclone 4006 brand new and have had to fix one thing after another on the half way built Rv! The newest problem occurring is leaking because of heavy rain. I was curious if anyone has had problems with the bedroom slide corner leaking (the corner in between the window)? Or the slide in the living room with the
door (the rubber seal around slide let’s water roll right inside)? Or the ceiling leaking in the living room? I can’t tell if the bubbling in the ceiling is water leaking in or condensation getting trapped and glue coming undone. Thanks for any help!

david-steph2018

If the leak in the living room area is around the AC unit, check the unit and make sure it is tightened correctly. Sad to hear about your issues, but I would contact Heartland immediately and have a well-documented photo trail ready for them.

wdk450

Is your trailer properly levelled side-to-side and front-to-back? The slide tops should all be tipping down slightly to allow the exterior slide seals to divert rainwater away.
Are the slides all the way out and tight inside against the walls? There are slide tightness and tilt adjustments with manuals in our library under the "Tools" tab at the top of each forum page.

If the leak in the living room area is around the AC unit, check the unit and make sure it is tightened correctly. Sad to hear about your issues, but I would contact Heartland immediately and have a well-documented photo trail ready for them.
I know it’s all under warranty. it’s just the hassle of getting it repaired, and whatever it might have damaged in the mean time. Their quality inspection person does not do a good job! Lol

Is your trailer properly levelled side-to-side and front-to-back? The slide tops should all be tipping down slightly to allow the exterior slide seals to divert rainwater away.
Are the slides all the way out and tight inside against the walls? There are slide tightness and tilt adjustments with manuals in our library under the "Tools" tab at the top of each forum page.
Trailer is auto level and every so often I retract all and redo. The slides are out all the way. I even, pulled them in and out to make sure it wasn’t a seal tucked funny. The water is running down one seal and then to the other which goes into the camper. So far duct tape is doing the trick. Until I can get some new seals in I guess.

FL-JOE

I had a slide seal slide down after about the first month or so on our living room slide-out. There are set screws at the top which hold them in place. Thanks to Heartland cutting most of them too long in the first place I was able to trim the top of the seal, slide it back up in place, and re-drill the set screw. The only other way a slide can leak is if the top seal/sweep is defective or the whole slide-out is not aligned properly.

I would get up on the roof and remove your a/c covers. Inspect around each base of your units to make sure all sealant is in place. Also make sure they were fastened down correctly. While the covers are off you will also be able to make sure the condensation water is draining correctly from inside the units while running. Another issue that can cause moisture inside from an RV a/c unit is if it freezes up while running. Generally what causes this is the coils are dirty.

wdk450

The AC leak could be loosened mounting bolts which compress the roof sealing gasket. This happens a lot with newer units as the gasket foam material compresses some with time and road vibrations. The 4 bolts are accessed on the inside by removing the inside cover. They are at the 4 corners. Only MODERATELY HAND TIGHTEN THESE BOLTS.
Also drilling small holes at the bottom corners of the roof AC pan can help drain any condensate or weather water out of the AC and on to the roof for better water runoff from the AC, and not water runoff inside to your trailer.

Beisek

I know it’s all under warranty. it’s just the hassle of getting it repaired, and whatever it might have damaged in the mean time. Their quality inspection person does not do a good job! Lol
We just bought a 2022 4006 and this post worries me. It had so many things wrong with. We traded in a big country which was built good and no issues. Our slide where the sofa bed is has to be repaired before we even moved it. I’m wondering since you have same one if mine is normal. On the left side of slide looking out from inside is there a large screw like mechanism. It seem like it is keeping slide from getting flush or semi flush to wall. There isn’t one on any other slides. Hope you have all your issues worked out. We are just beginning. I love the floor plan still.

FL-JOE

It is a really nice floor plan. I am hoping that after 12 months of full time traveling in ours all the issues are finally fixed. I guess we will see when we head out in a couple months from our winter site.

thewanderingeight

Hopefully, you are making progress with these issues! One thing I wanted to suggest if you are still having issues with the slides leaking, is to stand outside while it's raining to see how water is flowing on the slides.

I was able to finally track down a water leak in ours by watching the water, and realizing it was forming a thick stream directly over some of the screws. I removed the screws, filled the holes with caulk, and put the screws back in. I'm not sure I would have realized what was happening without seeing the water movement.

tsick

The AC leak could be loosened mounting bolts which compress the roof sealing gasket. This happens a lot with newer units as the gasket foam material compresses some with time and road vibrations. The 4 bolts are accessed on the inside by removing the inside cover. They are at the 4 corners. Only MODERATELY HAND TIGHTEN THESE BOLTS.
Also drilling small holes at the bottom corners of the roof AC pan can help drain any condensate or weather water out of the AC and on to the roof for better water runoff from the AC, and not water runoff inside to your trailer.
i was told that when the ac was installed that they did not take the probe from behind a shielding and moved it out on the other side which would be in the middle? any thought on this?

Beisek

Ours only leaks when it rains so I wouldn’t see it being th AC. Heading in for service this week hope they don’t keep it too long. Last time 6 weeks 🙄🙄

Beisek

We have 2022 cyclone 4006. A total headache. Living room slide didn’t go all the way out. They kept it 6 weeks. Now bedroom slide leaks in both sides. In shop and they say same problem. Can see outside on both biotin of slide. Leak in under belly not sure from what. We live in ours so this is frustrating. It just went in yesterday praying it’s not 6 weeks again. I think they just throw them together. Have lots more problems but dealership service is swamped so getting in major stuff fixed.

mwc

Just got my 2018 Cyclone back from having slide out floors replaced. The worst part about it is I'm meticulous about maintenance and ensuring everything is watertight. Some of these things you don't even know where occurring until it's way too late.

Aechapa

We have a 2017 and the flooring in front of the stove is soft. Our insurance said it was our fault. I had it inspected and they informed us it was a manufacturer issue. so upsetting.:(:mad:. We have never had problems with it.

FL-JOE

We have friends in our winter park in FL that had a similar issue with their 5 year old fiver (non Heartland). The floors in two of their slide rooms rotted out and had to be completely taken out and replaced. Their insurance covered it. I would look for different insurance coverage if I were you.

Kzxpilot

Just got my 2018 Cyclone back from having slide out floors replaced. The worst part about it is I'm meticulous about maintenance and ensuring everything is watertight. Some of these things you don't even know where occurring until it's way too late.
I have a floor issue because the fridge leaked an destroyed the floor. Now after six years the same slide roof is roted away under the rubber membrane. What was the cost to fix your slide? I would assume they pulled it out of the unit.