cyclone 4006 - outside leveling panel isn’t working. What’s the secret?

tdslayer1

We bought a brand new cyclone 4006. The outside leveling system panel does not work. Is there a secret to using it? We can only level the unit using the panel inside which is very inconvenient to hook up the truck with.

tdslayer1

We didn’t receive a guide from Lippert. Many thanks!! This will be most helpful! Oddly enough when I spoke with the dealer earlier he didn’t make any mention of the manual.

Dahillbilly

We didn’t receive a guide from Lippert. Many thanks!! This will be most helpful! Oddly enough when I spoke with the dealer earlier he didn’t make any mention of the manual.
should have gotten a flash drive with the manual etc on it.

FL-JOE

You have to "wake the system up" on the outside panel initially. As stated above you do this by pushing the up and down key pad buttons at the same time. After this initial step wait at least 30 seconds before going to the next step or you might lock up the system.

Now press 'hitch height" and it should return to the exact height that you had it in when you unhooked. If it doesn't simply make adjustments using the up and down buttons.

Hook up your truck and then hit "retract all". The panel will go back into "sleep" mode on its own.

david-steph2018

Before using the "Hitch Height" button make sure your truck is not under the rig. It is supposed to stop at the point where you unhooked, but what will happen if it does not.

wdk450

Again, I wanted to direct ALL (especially "Newbie") Heartland Owners to the VAST resources that are in our Forum library. This is accessible from the "Tools" tab at the top of any Forum page, then click on "Heartland Owners Manuals". Here is a quick link: https://manuals.heartlandowners.org/?man=User Guides
I noted over 500 listings just in the 4 categories: Appliances, Electrical, Electronics, and Exterior. There are many other categories.

tdslayer1

Again, I wanted to direct ALL (especially "Newbie") Heartland Owners to the VAST resources that are in our Forum library. This is accessible from the "Tools" tab at the top of any Forum page, then click on "Heartland Owners Manuals". Here is a quick link: https://manuals.heartlandowners.org/?man=User Guides
I noted over 500 listings just in the 4 categories: Appliances, Electrical, Electronics, and Exterior. There are many other categories.
Thank you.

cdwales

Is this the guide you got from Lippert? https://manuals.heartlandowners.org/manuals/Exterior/Stabs_n_Leveling/Lippert One Control Level Up/Lippert One Control_OCTP_5th_Wheel_Owner_s_Manual.pdf This is taken from the library on this forum.

Did you push the UP and Down keypads together as in Step 1 - "Auto Level Touch Control Pad, Unhitching Instructions" to turn the indicator LED ON solid green. to indicate the keypad is ready to raise/lower your trailer?
just reading through the thread, and this Lippert manual and your first comment was a life-saver. just what we needed to know to turn on the outside control pad. thanks.