Cyclone 4007 bedroom slide issues

wilsonxjr

Hello everyone,

2021 Cyclone 4007 with the 'double' bedroom slide. The outside slide travels out just fine. However, when we pull the outside slide in, one side seems to move faster than the other when it first starts. Then the slower side stops, like its getting hung-up or the slide isn't traveling straight. If I go out an inch or two then start back in, I can usually get it to come in all the way ... sometimes having to repeat this process a few times. It seems like the motor on the 'bad' side is moving slower than the 'good' side.

Has anyone dealt with something like this? Any suggestions on a resolution? We are full-timers which makes it difficult to take the rig in for service.

Thanks!

Dahillbilly

if you have the Schwintek style never stop part way in either direction, fully open or close the slide & then hold the button 3-5 seconds after the slide stops moving; otherwise yo uwill have the problem you are having. Make sure your batteries are fully charged . Good luck

centerline

if its a hydraulic slide unit, there is a rack and pinion set up below the slide unit, one near the front and one near the rear, and the pinion gears are connected with a long shaft between them.... this causes them to ALWAYS to be in time and turn at the same rate, regardless of how centered the hydraulic ram was installed to extend and retract the slide... whenever the slide moves at the rear, the rack and pinion gears move the front at the same time.......
if one of these gears or the rack should work loose, it will allow the slide unit to cock a little bit when its moving, and may not even allow the slide to fully travel enough in either direction to engage the seals....

NYSUPstater

Am willing to bet being a slide within a slide, it's a Schwintek system. I agree w/ dahillbilly's post. Have you applied the lube to tracks recommended by Schwintek? Have heard reports of motors going south or outta sync. Many use the Schwintek system, IMO, not the best and we have one ourselves! Is a company out of AZ or NM who has a better replacement if your out that way.

Dahillbilly

Am willing to bet being a slide within a slide, it's a Schwintek system. I agree w/ dahillbilly's post. Have you applied the lube to tracks recommended by Schwintek? Have heard reports of motors going south or outta sync. Many use the Schwintek system, IMO, not the best and we have one ourselves! Is a company out of AZ or NM who has a better replacement if your out that way.
the newer tracks DO NOT need any lubrication as per Lippert training. Lippert reccomends keeping the track clean with warm soapy water.

wilsonxjr

Thanks for all of your comments! I do have the Schwintek style (now that I know what that is) and there is a 're-timing' process detailed on the Lippert website. Will give that a try first before going any further.

Thanks for getting me down the right path!!

Dahillbilly

Thanks for all of your comments! I do have the Schwintek style (now that I know what that is) and there is a 're-timing' process detailed on the Lippert website. Will give that a try first before going any further.

Thanks for getting me down the right path!!
there is timing is the top to bottom adjustment / left to right side adjustment do by extending or retracting the slide a few inchs; then go opposite direction hold the button 3-5 seconds after the slide stops moving. May have to this a few times. Join the Lippert Scouts Community all of the training is there I just finish the course last night on Schwintek slides. Go to this link to join it's free community.lippert.com.

wilsonxjr

there is timing is the top to bottom adjustment / left to right side adjustment do by extending or retracting the slide a few inchs; then go opposite direction hold the button 3-5 seconds after the slide stops moving. May have to this a few times. Join the Lippert Scouts Community all of the training is there I just finish the course last night on Schwintek slides. Go to this link to join it's free community.lippert.com.
Thanks!! Will definitely check it out!