Cyclone 4007 Black/Grey Tank Sizes?

wilsonxjr

Hello Forum!! First-time owner, poster here, everything ... so any help would be appreciated!
Just purchased a 2021 Cyclone 4007 and trying to determine waste tank sizes. Three grey tanks and two black tanks on the rig. Contacted Heartland (using a couple different methods) and just get crickets from them, so hoping someone on here has more info.
Specs indicate 90 gal black (assume 2 x 45 tanks?) and 98 gal grey. Not sure how they are divided up, but our grey #2 (kitchen) seems to fill up unusually fast.
Anyone have any ideas? Trying this step before a measured fill of each tank ...
Thanks!

bigtphx

Hello Forum!! First-time owner, poster here, everything ... so any help would be appreciated!
Just purchased a 2021 Cyclone 4007 and trying to determine waste tank sizes. Three grey tanks and two black tanks on the rig. Contacted Heartland (using a couple different methods) and just get crickets from them, so hoping someone on here has more info.
Specs indicate 90 gal black (assume 2 x 45 tanks?) and 98 gal grey. Not sure how they are divided up, but our grey #2 (kitchen) seems to fill up unusually fast.
Thanks!
Grey #2 should be kitchen and rear bathroom, grey #1 frt bathroom, possibly they are mixed up? if both empty now you can run shower and see which changes gauge, or can do same with kitchen

david-steph2018

For your grey tanks, place a clear adapter on your drain hose and then use food coloring. Dump about 5 gallons of a different food color down each sink/shower to figure what drains where. Also where does your washer drain into? It may have it's own tank and the kitchen drains into the bathroom grey.
We have 4 tanks 2 black & 2 grey water tanks. In the front grey tank drains the shower, bathroom sink & kitchen sink, since they are located close to each other. In the rear grey goes the 1/2 bath sink & washer.

wilsonxjr

My toy-hauler has three (3) grey tanks. Initial tests indicate:
#1 - Main bath sink and shower. Assume washer goes here as well as washer hookups are in bedroom closet.
#2 - Kitchen sink
#3 - Garage 1/2 bath sink
I thought I had each matched to its dump valve but now I probably need to verify.
My main question here is the size of each grey tank.
Thanks for the responses!

david-steph2018

That was my fear ... if we ever dry camp, a 20 gal kitchen grey will fill up fast! Full hookups will be our friend ...
We do not boondock, wife does not like it. But know some friends that do it on a regular basis. When I was talking to them, they use a pail to do the dishes in then dump it down the toilet to help save tank space or even dump it outside.
My thoughts if you have a pet, it could get clean like that, just don't let the wife see it, EXPERIENCE in that part!!!.

wilsonxjr

We do not boondock, wife does not like it. But know some friends that do it on a regular basis. When I was talking to them, they use a pail to do the dishes in then dump it down the toilet to help save tank space or even dump it outside.
My thoughts if you have a pet, it could get clean like that, just don't let the wife see it, EXPERIENCE in that part!!!.
Pail is a great idea. We won't boondock much either as we are full-timers but would like to have the option.

Thanks!
On our 4007 the front gray tank is the bathroom, second tank is main black tank, [you know which is the black because its a 4" valve not a 1-1/2 when you pull the dump valve] third is kitchen gray, smaller it seems. Then the back bathroom has it own gray and black tanks. I wish I could tell you what size but I kinda always thought they were 30 gallons tanks, maybe you have found out by now. I can go out with 100 gallons fresh and not run out of fresh or storage in 5 nights. I'm sure you can but it works well for us. Second post for me.