Cyclone 4200 ramps SOS

Tree14

Can anyone tell me what material is used on the ramps and where we can buy. We have a problem with our side deck/ramp outside the sliding doors.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

david-steph2018

Can anyone tell me what material is used on the ramps and where we can buy. We have a problem with our side deck/ramp outside the sliding doors.

Thanks

Are you talking the ramp itself material or the coating on the deck?
Check and see who was the manufacturer of the ramp? On our 2018 Road Warrior we have Challenger ramps. There may be a chance that you will have Lippert ramps. During the factory tour in 2019, during the national rally, we were told Heartland switched from Lippert made doors / ramps to Challenger made ramps.
If you are talking about the surface material, I have check with "Durabak Company" to be able to use their product to reseal our ramps/deck.
The product I am looking at is what we used on ships in the Navy and we called it "Non-skid".

Sowie

if it’s delaminating and spongy I don’t know of any way to fix it. It’s made up of a sandwich of exterior skin, styrofoam and then thin luan wood with a non skid glued to it. You maybe could cut out the bad luan and splice a piece back in. On mine I had to have the Lippert door replaced. Before installing it I took it to local Line-X dealer and had it sprayed on inside to seal up all joints. I then caulked all the bolt holes when reassembling. Some of the bolts are hollow at the hinge so seal that up also. I did this in 2018 and so far it’s held up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LBR

Our 2017 CY has the Challenger door (thank goodness!) rather than a Lippert. Look for a tag on the door edge and see if it is labelled Challenger like ours. They supposedly have no wood to rot inside, whereas the Lipperts did is my understanding.

I layed a gallon of Herculiner on our door to seal it, then doctored up all the hardware with silicone for sealing.

david-steph2018

It's Lippert ramp unfortunately

What is wrong with the ramp?

- - - Updated - - -

It's Lippert ramp unfortunately

If you need to replace the ramp there are a couple of surplus places in Goshen area that does have these sitting around. Here is the two I go to:
Bontrager's Surplus – RV and Home Improvement Items (bontragers.com)
Rainbow Variety And RV Surplus - Goshen, IN (rainbowvarietystore.com)