Cyclone 4200

DesertThumper

The side patio is a no go for me. The back patio is good enough. Everything else is nice though except for the cheap tires. How about a second slide to the master bedroom to keep the DW happy ya know or something more creative in the living room where space and features are a plus.

alex00

Heartland, take this trailer to the next level, call it 4200 RevB, Add a slide to the galley and incorporate the Patio on that.

I agree that the kitchen needs a slide but the patio should go on the garage wall. The way you could have two ramps to load quads at different angles. You also wouldn't lose kitchen windows if the site was too small to deploy the side patio.

Sent by smoke signals using Tapatalk for campfires 4

gpshemi

My two sacrifices witbout studying it...No awning over door while fumbling in the rain for keys. That in itself counts me out. What about the kitchen sink if half buried in the corner of the counter? I love Heartland, and knew this design with patio was in the works, but I never really understood the attraction of the side patio concept. I kept hoping I'd love it when I saw it, but I'm just not feelin' it. To each his own though right? That's what sells them and makes the world go 'round...

Last edited:
The more I look at this thing, the more I don't like it. The side patio makes no sense. You are suppose to sit on this six foot platform and watch a 40" T.V. You are going to be too close to watch it comfortably. If you put a bowl of popcorn on that table it will block the bottom of the T.V. And how are you supposed to get a amber refreshment out of the outside fridge, I guess you crawl under that table that is in the way. Sorry I just can't see this design being very desirable.

scottyb

I agree that the kitchen needs a slide but the patio should go on the garage wall. The way you could have two ramps to load quads at different angles. You also wouldn't lose kitchen windows if the site was too small to deploy the side patio.

Sent by smoke signals using Tapatalk for campfires 4

I agree. I like the idea of the side patio, but not at the expense of a living room or kitchen slide. If it was off the garage, you could use one or the other or both, depending on the dimmensions of your site. I have been at a few sites where I could not use the patio on back, but could have used one on the side. If it was attached to the garage, i could roll out the Weber grill to either patio. Down side would have to replace the garage entry door.

miboje

Re: CY 4200 release date?

I don't know about everyone else, but I can't really say that this is something I have not seen before. Not that I'm going to buy it, just that I was expecting something that.... I hadn't seen before.

The 4200 is "sort of" new. The 2011 Open Range Rolling Thunder had a patio off the living room (no rear patio deck), while the Glendale Titanium offered a floor plan with an enclosed patio off the garage (no rear patio deck), and Keystone has the 384PK, with dual patios, both off the garage.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Here is something copied from the Hearlandrvs web site.

hlrv_interior_design.jpg
Designed by women for women: How many times have you heard a women say "who designed these interiors, a bunch of men"? Most RV companies don't put a lot of time and money into how interiors are chosen. Usually their interior is a last minute decision picked by salesmen solely based on what's the cheapest, how fast can I get it and would he put it on his favorite recliner. Heartland separates its self from this crowd by investing a great deal of time and money into a professional team of women designers whose sole job is to create high quality residential styles with thoughtful color coordinated themes. Our experienced designers work out of a 2,000 sq ft design facility where they stock thousands of Decor samples direct from vendors so that the best materials and selections are exclusive to our customers. This also allows the design team to create professional top to bottom decor mock-ups of entire interiors so we can get real retail feedback and make any necessary tweaks before it's released into the market.

Peace
Dave

RugRat

Was also waiting to see this floor plan before making my decision. Now I can mark this off my list of choices, but do like the full window in bedroom and pull out tv.

Well A.J. let's hear what you have to say about all this negitive response on this forum about the 4200. Please don't say that you are getting hundreds of pre-orders and everyone that sees it loves it. Just go by what you are reading on this forum. Tell us your true feelings and what the future holds for this model. Changes,upgrades,carry over to other floor plans,etc. Thanks in advance from all of us. :eek:

HornedToad

In fact, Open Range has been doing it for at least 4 years...

Over the Thanksgiving holiday we stayed a few nights at Crestview RV Park in Buda, TX. Of course we had to browse the lot. Crestview RV is an Open Range Dealer and they had several of their 5er's & TT's in stock, but the salesman told us that Open Range no longer makes a toy hauler.

gpshemi

Perhaps, but there's others that it's been done (and being done) in before. So there's nothing really revolutionary here in my mind.
On to the next version...

miboje

Over the Thanksgiving holiday we stayed a few nights at Crestview RV Park in Buda, TX. Of course we had to browse the lot. Crestview RV is an Open Range Dealer and they had several of their 5er's & TT's in stock, but the salesman told us that Open Range no longer makes a toy hauler.
Yes, they phased it out due to the downturn in the economy. I am actually surprised that they haven't restarted a TH line.

Seems like the new concept lost direction somewhere and then things like a large window in the bedroom got added equalling less bedroom insulation, just saying. I think the living area looks nice in the pictures but not sure why the bar/eating wall is slammed up next to the glass sliding door? I believe the living area looks even tighter without a sliding glass door to the garage. Im just wondering with the two upright cabinets in the main slide like the road warrior are they mixing up the Cyclone and the Road Warrior, confusing. Two patios very nice, again think it would of made more sense to run it off the garge to allow more options in loading and unloading, not to mention a slide could have been on the kitchen. If this unit is as long as some say with only 2 slides, Im scratching my head...I am sure it will work for some and I give the fellas credit for something new. I just wanted some simple changes to the existing units like 12 ' garage with king bed in the 4110, window in kitchen stove area to brighten up things, to dark for the wife and lack of cabinets. Pick it up design team, folks are paying attention to your rival they are listening to their customers and it shows....just saying.

Howdy

I think that would be a tall order. The extra weight of the patio and occupants would be a huge load on the slide mechanism.

It looks like Open Range has a handful of models that offer the side patio and they come off a slide, so someone has figured out how to do it. We came real close to buying the 3010, but came across a great deal and bought SOB toy hauler last year. It has 3 slides with the fridge and stove in one and the couch on a slide on the opposite side. It really opens things up and it would be very hard to go back to having just the one slide in the living area.

choprpilot76

Re: Well, it's time to ask about the 4200 again???

I just went to the site today, and I don't know what you all are waiting for, it shows very clearly what it looks like. All this wait for an extra ramp patio and tub in the garage. What a SERIOUS disappointment. The pictures in the photo gallery in confirm it. As previously stated, the side ramp patio has been done before, what is so "new and amazing"? I don't see any "WOW" factor here. Huge let down, I can only imagine how many ticked off customers and prospective Cyclone owners there are out there right now. I guess it's still the 4100 King for me, hopefully in about 8 weeks we can start looking for a great deal and sign for one.

marvmarcy

If everyone liked the same things this would be a boring world. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad. Praises for Heartland for providing more choices to please more people. When the time comes for a new rig I'll give the 4200 a good look. It could be a good rig for handling our six grandkids.

choprpilot76

If everyone liked the same things this would be a boring world. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad. Praises for Heartland for providing more choices to please more people. When the time comes for a new rig I'll give the 4200 a good look. It could be a good rig for handling our six grandkids.

It's not about that, it's about promising one thing and providing another. They built us up in anticipation for one thing but delivered another. If it were a matter of choices like you said, then yes, I agree, thank you for one more choice to choose from.