Cyclone 4270 tank draining

Hi there! I have a 2021 4270 and just drained the gray tanks for the first time. There is a place to connect a drain hose towards the front and one towards the back.there’s also levers for gray and black at both places. I connected a hose to both and then pulled the lever for the gray tank at the rear. I was surprised to see it drain from the hose towards the front. I then pulled the lever for the gray tank towards the front. It also drained through the hose at the front. I’m not sure why nothing drained from the rear hose. Is this normal?

I searched this forum and didn’t know the exact terms to search for so I couldn’t find any related topics. Sorry if it’s been discussed already.

danemayer

Hi dustinsroberts,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We've got a lot of Cyclone owners on the forum, so I'd expect you'll hear from some of them shortly.

Dahillbilly

rear connection shoiuld be for the rear black tank; the front drain connection drains both grey tanks(as you know ) & front black. Several different models are plumbed this way; ones with rear 1/2 bath

Thunderbolt

In our 2018 Cyclone 4005, the front set of valve handles drain the gray water from the front bathroom and front black tank. The rear valve handles drain the rear black tank and the rear gray tank which holds water from the kitchen sink, the sink in the half bath in the garage. The black tank flush for the rear tank was originally plumbed to the forward tank along with the forward tank flush. After several trips to the dealer, took them three times to get it correct, the rear flush was connected to the rear black tank.

rear connection shoiuld be for the rear black tank; the front drain connection drains both grey tanks(as you know ) & front black. Several different models are plumbed this way; ones with rear 1/2 bath

I see. I guess it just confused me that the lever at the back drained to the front and not to the drain directly below it. Thanks!