Cyclone Fresh Water Tank

TerribleTim68

Hey guys,
Headed back home after out first actual big camping trip. We dry camped for 4 days. So when we stopped on our way to fill the fresh water tank, I assumed I got it full because it started overflowing at the fill port. So I pulled the hose out and it started basically belching water out. It would spew a big spray, then stop, then spew another big spray, then stop. This repeated until I just shoved the cap on to stop it. Of course, getting wet in the process. Upon further inspection when we arrived, it seemed like the tank was only about 2/3rds full (judging from the control panel indicator lights and the amount of water used before we started seeing signs of running out).

So what causes this belching when filling? And more importantly, how do it stop this?

david-steph2018

Check the vent hose on the fresh water tank and make sure it is not plugged by something. It could also be crimped not allowing the air to escape by the vent hose and forcing the air out thru the inlet.

TerribleTim68

Thanks David, I'll give that a shot. But how does one go about doing that? Isn't the vent hose pretty much hidden in a cavity? I can see the outlet end of it, but the rest is hidden, right?

Can I just stick an air hose in the outlet end and give it a blow without hurting anything? Or is that a bad idea?

Last edited:

david-steph2018

You may be able to use the air, but be extremely careful, too strong may damage something. Try using a inspection camera or maybe the camera on a phone. You may need to loosen the bottom covering to reach into that area.
Just a thought maybe run a piece of wire, like an old wire coat hangar, thru it to see if you can clear it that way, if plugged.

LBR

Thanks David, I'll give that a shot. But how does one go about doing that? Isn't the vent hose pretty much hidden in a cavity? I can see the outlet end of it, but the rest is hidden, right?

Can I just stick an air hose in the outlet end and give it a blow without hurting anything? Or is that a bad idea?

Just get a 12" small OD hose that will fit inside, or over that outside vent orifice and blow on it. That will immediately tell you if it is open or pinched/closed off.