Cyclone Garage Window Upgrades

LBR

BLR and I decided to make a couple changes to our garage (annex) windows after boondocking 8 months in the SoCal, Az, Nv deserts and associated towns this last winter. We have several animals onboard, so window tinting was one big item on our annex list to help keep them a cooler home. We use our 17'+ carpeted annex for dining and watching TV, so the darker area will be appreciated by us as well.

We chose a dark tinting for our dual-pane windows, and it definitely quells the heat as opposed to the mediocre tinting the stock factory windows provided. Since we now are back on the Oregon Coast where 65° is considered extremely hot, I haven't had the opportunity to shoot the inside tinted glass vs. our non-tinted glass with the IR gun yet.....will post up the difference when we get a scorching day here (LMBO!)

We also pushed the delete button on our 5 factory issued, cheesy looking, metal louvered blinds and those "heavy" looking valances. These new shades are more inline with the gallery style shades, except they don't have the cords on each side... completely free floating without the side cords. They are very clean looking, no heavy valance needed, operate effortlessly, and have the tensioning spring to hold them at a pre-selected level. It's unknown if they will stay completely up after travelling some of our western states roads tho!!

The major projects on our CY4018 are well underway with more to come.

Bluetooth lithium batteries...done
Bluetooth battery bank monitor...done
3000 watt inverter...done
Solar system...next on the list

Cheers everyone!!
a5746566ab424cb954953935969a221c.jpg
527dc325f5fc18e4d582d8f6a4cf521c.jpg
1b22c019fbc322559f22e8a33da79c6e.jpg

PALTeam

Past Indiana Chapter Leaders
Very nice! What kind of blinds are those? Name brand, special order? Would like to upgrade our Cyclone garage, too.

LBR

Very nice! What kind of blinds are those? Name brand, special order? Would like to upgrade our Cyclone garage, too.
This company has received a 4.8 star rating with 823 people....that rating is almost unheard of these days of people complaining about everything...lol...one main reason we went with this company.

They have several colors and any size you may need. Since they are a special order item, the wait period is greater than Amazon standard 2 day. After you order, they send a verification email to double check the colors and sizes with you once again...very customer oriented.

I will rate them the full 5 stars and yes, we would order from them again.
9f81ba5b2cd38dde3ca92bf2a923bcc3.jpg

LBR

Looks good! How dark did you go with the tint?
Very dark. This tinting is called out by "NA" with a number following.....the lower the number, the darker the tint. I ordered the NA05..the darkest. They have NA20, NA35, and maybe another one or two ....all of them lighter in tint than this NA05.

I did an inventory of all our window sizes and bought 2 rolls of appropriate lengths...a 36" wide and 48" wide roll that will cover every window with least amount of waste with the cuts and leftover unused portion.
1d2e1646a82d1ebfd74448d0fb7d9ab8.jpg

MTPockets

Looks good! How dark did you go with the tint?

Dark tint doesn’t automatically mean less heat penetration. Tint characteristics vary and you can actually apply a light tint with greater heat blocking than dark tints without the heat blocking formula. Tint can come in very light with high heat block or low heat block, likewise with the darker tints. If you’re wanting high heat block, you can also get various shades of dark with same heat block feature; make sure your supplier actually knows what they’re doing. If they tell you that dark is better for heat, they don’t.