Cyclone seen in Maggie Valley

porthole

Retired
Saw a grey Cyclone running past our hotel in Maggie Valley, coming from the west on 19. Always an exciting road on the bike, more so pulling 16K+ !

Tool958

It's still there. We came through there on our bikes 2 years ago and didn't realize what it was until we were by it. Didn't have time to stop as we had to get to our hotel in Gatlinburg, Tn. that evening. Originally it was in Mt. Vernon, Il. at Dales Harley Daividson. We went and saw it before Dale Walksler the owner sold the dealership and moved the museum to where it is now. I've kind of followed it through motorcycle magazines over the years. It's amazing how many old bikes he's restored. I still would like to see it some time.

porthole

Retired
Glenn - still there, although it was close to being gone 2 years ago. Issues with the town. In fact, when I was there in 09 it was the last day of business, shut down after that. I guess he got all that worked out now.

I have been through it 3 times, each time with a personal tour from Dale the owner (special arrangement with my bike group).
Dale was even kind enough to throw us a catered BBQ last year.

This year his son was giving the personal tours and he is a "chip off the old block", although there are some things that can't be replaced, e.g the knowledge inside Dale's head.

What is amazing is that every single bike in the display area is ridden in. And he always will let someone pick one that he starts up and runs for a bit - and do a burnout or two inside!

When Dale sold the dealership and moved everything down it took 80 tractor trailer loads. Dale also competed in the recent antique motorcycle cannonball run. Bikes had to be 1915 or older.

Dale1.jpg