Cyclone Slide Digging Into Floor

avvidclif

Went camping last weekend. Went went to pull in kitchen slide while getting ready to leave and I noticed where it had dug into and torn the linoleum at one corner. This was the corner under the fridge. The slide trim has always been close to the floor with appx 1/4-3/8" clearance the entire length but it always cleared, but this once. The other end of the slide had the normal clearance but the fridge end dug in. It looks like it's tilted. I haven't had a chance to start looking to see what changed but I thought I might ask and get some ideas on what to look for. Maybe a roller dropped? The upper cable tightened or the lower loosened to pull it in unevenly. If that happened it seems it would be uneven all the way across...

It's hard to tell from the pictures about the tilt. The one picture shows a spoon I put under the slide to keep it from tearing the floor even more. I tried duct tape but that didn't work. I think the trim piece laying there is what dug in??

Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_2140 (Medium).jpeg
    IMG_2140 (Medium).jpeg
    153.5 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2141 (Medium).jpeg
    IMG_2141 (Medium).jpeg
    124.1 KB · Views: 45
Last edited by a moderator:

Domi

I had a similar issue in our NT. We have the slides with the cables that pull it in and out. The cables had become very loose and that caused the issues. If you have the cable system, pull in the slide and look at the cables. They should appear tight, if they are not then you will need to adjust them.

I repalced all the hardwareon mine with locking harsware the second time I had to adjust it. Have not had any issues since.

John

avvidclif

I had a similar issue in our NT. We have the slides with the cables that pull it in and out. The cables had become very loose and that caused the issues. If you have the cable system, pull in the slide and look at the cables. They should appear tight, if they are not then you will need to adjust them.

I repalced all the hardwareon mine with locking harsware the second time I had to adjust it. Have not had any issues since.

John

It is the cable system and I will look into it.

wdk450

You probably need to inspect the rollers that support the slide. These have a history of breaking on the refrigerator slides, and most owners believe that another roller should have be installed under the refrigerator to help support its weight.

I have repaired my kitchen slide by removing the slide lower wood trim, then using a hydraulic jack and wood cribbing outside to lift the slide within its chassis frame. There is about a 3 inch gap at the top outside of the slides - the jack lifts the slide to the top of this gap, allowing you the room to access the inside slide rollers to remove/re-install them.

I know that there have been a bunch of threads on this, but all i could find with the forum search function was this one: https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/53145-Replacing-Slide-Rollers?

On edit: See this old thread, and be sure to look at my posts #13 and #28 with all the others: https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/61968-Slide-Out-Rollers?

Last edited: