Dead Information Panel

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
We were camped for 2 weeks in BC (that's in Canada), once hooked up and ready to go, I found I had to go. so I went in and turned on the pump. Panel was dead, no levels no pump nothing. I thought the converter had gone but my wife pointed out that the 12 volt lights were on. I looked at the fuse panel, no led's indicating blown fuses.

many ours later after traveling from Summerland to Kamloops, we stopped for breakfast. Still no pump so I sent the wife i to order and I started taking out fuses, no blown fuses, still no pump. no levels.,I pulled the panel and thought maybe the embedded circuit was shot. did some testing and found no power to it.

so i did what any knowledgeable guy would do, I went for breakfast.

when we returned nothing. Farther down the road we needed to go, so I took the big water jug to use as a flusher. Pushed the lever down to flush with the water and the pump came on, everything is still working????? WTH.

Okay brain trust tell me what I don't know. I have never had this happen before.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It sounds like a loose wire somewhere.
You pulled the panel and saw no indication of a loose wire?
You might also want to pull the fuse panel and check there for a loose wire.
Ground wires are another source to track down. At your pump switch panel check the 12 volt wire to a known good ground. This will help determine if your problem might be a ground issue.
Of course, if your pump is working again you will not find the problem.

Peace
Dave

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
There is also a fuse next to the water pump, also check the wire nuts that attach the wiring to the water pump.

danemayer

There are a lot of wire nut connections behind the control panel. I took apart a friends who was having pump problems and documented what I found - attached below. He had a 2nd pump switch in the UDC that you may not have. And of course the fuse #s will differ.

But if you follow the wiring, notice that the test panel was on a different fuse from the pump. So if both were out, my first guess would be that there's some common ground or power behind the control panel that's loose. And probably inside a wire nut.

Attachments

• Control Panel Wiring.pdf
    14.3 KB · Views: 30

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
Thanks guys, I do not have a second pump switch. The problem was the entire panel was dead. could not turn on hot water or read tank levels. so, I am thinking bad ground to the panel.
thanks again.