Dead outlets rear cap

2015 bighorn 3010. Help please. 3 out of 4 outlets on rear cap are dead. Trying to find this elusive "j" box on door side slide. I assume it's mounted on the inside of the frame? Found a junction box mounted on the outside of the frame all connections are tight and no scorch marks. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Paul

RoadJunkie

On my 2010 BH and on the 2017 BH the junction box is on the outside of the frame. I think you had the correct location, but "tight" doesn't mean it's a good connection. When I had this problem the bad connection was obvious. What I would do next: Remove power at the main breaker and visually inspect the connection by removing the wire nut. Also check J boxes at different locations, also under other slide(s). Also, check for power at the outlets by removing them from the wall and checking at the connection point. Be careful!

danemayer

Are you sure that the only problem is with the outlets in the rear? It's not uncommon for the power pedestal to have a problem where only one leg of the 50 amp is working. Same thing can happen if the shore power cord isn't fully seated.

If one power leg is out, there'll be a bunch of stuff that isn't working. If you have 2 air conditioners, one of them probably won't run.

Everything else works including both A/C units. Are all 4 outlets fed by the same line? Or do they split off somewhere?

Westwind

We lost our refer and the outlet on the couch/kitchen slide along with the outlets near the stove, I checked the box under the kitchen slide, nothing looked wrong and then went to the opposing slide opened that box and found that the wire that brought juice from once slide to the other had a broken connection.
So you have to check both sides to be off the hook.
I found tons of corrosion inside the box for an open wire opening on the box that hadn't been closes or sealed. Tons of corrosive road salt had gotten in when we had gotten caught in a ice storm headed to Florida one winter season. There might not be another way to wire up a FW and slideout but you can make it weather proof which I did. Never would I have pulled those boxes apart if I hadn't had a problem.
I also found that there was no slack in the wire from one side to the other, it was pulled tight and I know I'm going to have another problem and that's when I'll have to pull a new wire from one side to the other with slack to handle the bouncing down the road.

Thanks so much for the help. Well replaced all the wire nuts in both underside junction boxes problem solved. Thanks for the help everyone.