Dealer found a roof leak before I went pick up camper

Lgimo

Me and my wife were going to pick up a new 297qb Sundance and got a call from the dealer that a water leak was found on the roof and had messed up one of the night stands and we would have to wait 6 to 8 week before we can come get it should I still go thru with the deal or let this one go see this is a new camper thanks

danemayer

Hi Lgimo,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

If you're worried about waiting 6-8 weeks for a replacement nightstand, you might call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. It may be possible to expedite the replacement.

If you're worried about the leak, I'm sure you'll get some opinions shortly.

Lgimo

It’s more the leak that bothers me than the night stand . This be only our second camper and a lot more money than the first. It scares me later on down the road something else From this problem will show up.

CDN

B and B
Hello,

I would take a pass and look for another trailer. This might have some concealed damage that is not evident. There may be reasons like finance documents ore registration the dealer may use to force a sale. If the dealer is a good one they will either refund or sell you a new non leaking trailer.

Brian

rhodies1

I would pass on this unit if possible,any water infiltration is bad.you need to worry about mold growing in the ceiling and walls.Its possible the water has run down inside the wall as well and you need to worry about delamination starting in the future.Walk away if you can,get them ti bring in another unit or go elsewhere.my opinion.

sengli

Thannkfully your dealer let you know about this before they delivered it to you. Did you see this unit yet in person?

Lgimo

We are going to look at it again Monday and make up our mind . But no roof replacement they say it was just some sealant missing on the roof

wdk450

TALK TO YOUR INSURANCE AGENT TO SEE IF THEY WILL EVEN PUT OUT A POLICY ON THIS RIG!!!

Post 5000 !!!!! Celebrate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MTPockets

We are going to look at it again Monday and make up our mind . But no roof replacement they say it was just some sealant missing on the roof
When we bought our 2012 Big Horn, there was a leak at the bathroom ceiling vent due to a missed spot of sealant around the vent... the dealer fixed that and off we went. About a year or so later we found a soft spot on the roof next to that vent. It took that long for the wet wood to finally rott; so be cautious about that leak!

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
I would pass on this unit if possible,any water infiltration is bad.you need to worry about mold growing in the ceiling and walls.Its possible the water has run down inside the wall as well and you need to worry about delamination starting in the future.Walk away if you can,get them ti bring in another unit or go elsewhere.my opinion.

RUN! don't walk away. No reason to get started with a leaking trailer. How long has it been known to leak? How much other damage that was not yet discovered?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I would walk away from this one as well.

All things happen for a reason...and for some reason this one wasn't meant for you!

Do they have another one on the lot?