Dealing with road salt

Dan54

Going to pick up our Landmark tomorrow in preparation for our trip from Columbus Ohio to Gulf Shores & New Orleans. Just checked the weather report & the forecast is for 2-3 inches of snow in our area over the next 24 hours. I am picking up our trailer in Canton Ohio which means I will be dragging our trailer about 150 miles over salt covered roads. Perfect timing! We haven’t had a significant snowfall in 2 months & NOW we get snow! Anyway, I guess I’ll drag the hoses out & wash off the outside & undercarriage as best I can. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

david-steph2018

Up at Cardinal Center at exit 140 on I-71 is a car wash. The outside bay area is setup for RV's. Get most off there, then you will have less by the time you get home.

Dan54

Thanks for the info, I’ll make alternative plans to come back on I-71 verses my normal I-77 to I-70 route. Travel time is not that much longer.

Dan54

I see the Cardinal Center at exit 140 on google earth but I don’t see anything resembling a rv wash. Concerned about finding it pulling a 38 ft fifth wheel.

Dahillbilly

if you are going to be NOLA I wouldn't waste money washing till you get back home!!! Salt in the air near the Gulf of oceans will do as much damage while there as what salt you will pick up traveling south. My two cents worth

david-steph2018

I see the Cardinal Center at exit 140 on google earth but I don’t see anything resembling a rv wash. Concerned about finding it pulling a 38 ft fifth wheel.

No concern pulling a 38ft. 5th wheel. Get off going south, hang right, go to the red light, Family Dollar & Dollar Tree distribution center at the light, hang left, go to Cardinal Center sign. Going down that road you will see a laundry, Suds N Sun, and off to the side of it is the car wash. The RV wash is on the outside of the building with a high swing bar, like a regular car wash bay. If traffic is light, you can try to turn left to the restaurant as soon as you make a right, but going down to the light is easier.

We used to live Cardington. Wife is a retired teacher from Highland Local Schools and I retired from the prison system at Mansfield (ManCI), you know the old prison, OSR, where Shawshank Redemption was filmed.