Dicor EPDM Rubber Roofing Coating System

ernest917

Recently had the roof of my 2015 Bighorn coated with this product in addition to sealing all seams/vents with self leveling sealant.....

It now looks better than new and should be trouble free for many, many years!!!!

Attachments

• 1667F748-4EAC-491F-8133-B2643AA836D0.jpeg
    1667F748-4EAC-491F-8133-B2643AA836D0.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 90

lynndiwagoner

Interesting....I recently got on the roof of my 2014 Big Country expecting to find the same gooey mess. Amazingly I found that most of the defective coating had disappeared. The roof is now getting down to the black EPDM. Now is the time to re-coat with another product....I'll probably go with Henry's. As I was advised by Dicor, the roof waterproofing quality is dependent on the EPDM, not the coating and I've had no roof leaks ever. The $1,000.00 settlement I took will pay for the Henry's.

ernest917

Here an answer to some of your questions:

This is Dicor Signature Extended Life Rubber Roof Coating....

Description​

Make your RV roof look new again and help protect it as long as possible. Dicor's coating systems refresh a tired old roof and restore it to a brighter, cleaner look and also help protect it from the elements, extending its life. The signature 100% silicone roof coating permanently flexible and unaffected by UV rays or temperature extremes. Signature dries to the touch in one hour and is walkable in two. Use with Dicor Rubber Roof Cleaner/Activator for proper adhesion to EPDM roofs and TPO RV Roof Primer for proper adhesion to TPO roofs.

Features & details​

• USE: This Signature Silicone RV Roof Coating is ideal for maintenance when used with Dicor's primer
  • ROOF COATING FEATURES: Permanently flexible; Unaffected by UV rays or temperature extremes
  • IMPROVED LOOK: Use this coating system with primer to upgrade the look of an old and worn RV roof
  • COLOR: Tan hue for stylish and beautiful RV roof

ernest917

Dicor says it should last a minimum of 20 years - a lot longer than I’ll have the trailer....

I had zero leaks but for peace of mind I had this applied...

Took 3 individuals 7.5 hrs.... Pressure washed roof, applied Dicor sealer to all seams; applied activator and then two coats of Signature....

Dry enough to walk on in a few hours....

wdk450

Her
Dicor says it should last a minimum of 20 years - a lot longer than I’ll have the trailer....

I had zero leaks but for peace of mind I had this applied...

Took 3 individuals 7.5 hrs.... Pressure washed roof, applied Dicor sealer to all seams; applied activator and then two coats of Signature....

Dry enough to walk on in a few hours....
Here's a link to the Henrys Warranty: https://henry.com/fileadmin/pdf/literature/HMS-Warranty-Flyer-LoRes.pdf

Here is Henry's Technical data (88% reflective) : https://henry.com/fileadmin/pdf/current/tds/HE887HS_techdata.pdf

My install by a 2 man RV repairer crew at an RV park site was similar to yours. $900 including doing the tops of the 4 slideouts.

ernest917

That’s why there’s more than on brand out there.... Pick the one you like and go for it...

Me - I’m very pleased with what I have and i just intended this to share something I’ve done to my trailer.....

Redrider007

Just did 3 coats of Decor on my 2015 and now have it in my new RV garage so thankfully it will not sit out in the blazing sun or weather anymore; at least not until we take her out again!

Anyone with any advice on redoing the seams on my EPDM roof? I'm looking at the Dicor sealer, getting a gallon can. What is the best way to apply it? Roller or brush... another way? I'm thinking a light pressure wash with a detergent, then the Dicor cleaner/prep, then the sealer... am I right? Never done this to a camper. I did put a sealer on a couple aircraft hangers.

Attachments

• 14967.jpeg
    14967.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 35

Hollandt

Anyone with any advice on redoing the seams on my EPDM roof? I'm looking at the Dicor sealer, getting a gallon can. What is the best way to apply it? Roller or brush... another way? I'm thinking a light pressure wash with a detergent, then the Dicor cleaner/prep, then the sealer... am I right? Never done this to a camper. I did put a sealer on a couple aircraft hangers.
If you need to do seams on the top of the roof, then get the self leveling caulk. Get the appropriate one for EPDM if that is the type roof you have. So will work for TPO or EPDM but some will not. The sealer in the can is a coating for the entire surface. If you read the instructions on the Dicor site, I believe it recommends that the seams be re done before using the sealer.

wdk450

Have you looked at narrow width (1-2 inches) Eternabond tape? 11 year warranty.

Hollandt

Have you looked at narrow width (1-2 inches) Eternabond tape? 11 year warranty.
I have seen several videos of people using the Eternabond on the seams and I am impressed. I think they used a min of 3" wide and up to 6" in some areas. You would need to cover the existing caulk and have at least 1" on each side in my opinion. I have used the 4" and 6" on a cargo trailer with a metal roof and have had good success thus far. I am pretty sure the caulk would not have lasted this long. I have also seen several videos from well respected RV repair techs that do not like the Eternabond approach except for emergency repairs. I really do not understand except when the tape fails it is much harder to remove than the caulk. What ever you choose to use the cleaning/prep process is the most critical part.

wdk450

I have seen several videos of people using the Eternabond on the seams and I am impressed. I think they used a min of 3" wide and up to 6" in some areas. You would need to cover the existing caulk and have at least 1" on each side in my opinion. I have used the 4" and 6" on a cargo trailer with a metal roof and have had good success thus far. I am pretty sure the caulk would not have lasted this long. I have also seen several videos from well respected RV repair techs that do not like the Eternabond approach except for emergency repairs. I really do not understand except when the tape fails it is much harder to remove than the caulk. What ever you choose to use the cleaning/prep process is the most critical part.
Re; " when the tape fails it is much harder to remove than the caulk" . I haven't seen the tape "fail", but i live in southern California where sun damage is much more of a concern than water (rain/snow) damage.
I took off a wide strip of Eternabond sealing the top of the forward end cap in advance of a repair where they were going to remove the end cap. I simply used a heavy duty heat gun and a wide putty knife scraper, along with a rag to scrape the softened adhesive onto.

Piperflyer

Dicor has just agreed to send me the new membrane and installation kit at no charge for my EPDM Rubber Membrane Roof on my RV.
My question? Is this something I can do myself as I don't know how the kit is installed or do I need a repair shop to replace it? If I need a repair shop, has anyone had it done in the Yuma area and can recommend a shop?

pjones1969

What did you have to provide to Dicor in order for them to send you the materials? Did they offer to send you a check instead?

Piperflyer

What did you have to provide to Dicor in order for them to send you the materials? Did they offer to send you a check instead?
I needed to send them my RV Information, my Contact Information and Pictures of the Roof. They did not send a check because my roof is older than 6 yrs. My materials shipment is on file until I am able to locate a repair facility to install it. Once I find a place, I just have Dicor ship to me.