Dirty Shower floor

I'm not sure if this is a problem. We went on a three hour trip last week in south Mississippi, we left Monday. The previous Saturday the high pressure connector on the truck's AC line blew out (should have listened and stayed home). The temps were 95 and up with humidity thick enough to cut visibility to about 3-4 miles. When we got to the camp ground, four showers and one load of clothes washed the first day. I was draining the #1 gray tank that evening and it was as full as I have ever seen it (no overfill alarm). The tank drained very fast. I drained the black water tank first (not much in it), I drained the #2 gray tank second (not much in it), I drained the #1 gray tank last. A bad smell (sewerish) showed up inside for a few minutes after draining all three tanks. That evening I got in the shower and the floor of the shower was gray, but it rinsed right off. Later I though that perhaps the drain had backed up when I drained the tank. Any ideas of what happened would be appreciated. 2012 Big Country 3595RE

hoefler

Most likely the washer backed up into the shower when that tank was full and overflowed into the shower since it is the lowest drain on that tank

Most likely the washer backed up into the shower when that tank was full and overflowed into the shower since it is the lowest drain on that tank
Seems like good logic. I might need to check the tank level sensors... Do you know how to do that? How do they work? (Two metal probes that have a small current in them and the water completes the circuit?)

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
While we had our rig, I opened the Gray #1 valve to drain the tank while running the washer. Depending on the setting, it can use as much as 10 gallons of water for a load. The tank is usually a 45 gallon capacity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk