Dish Tailgater Antenna Base Plate for Moryde Hitchs

pegmikef

Here is a real simple mounting system for the Tailgater antenna that just slides into a Moryde Hitch with no modification to the hitch or Tailgater. I copied the basic design from one I saw on Dean Peine's rig at the recent Durant rally. The downside is that you only get reception when the front of the trailer is facing east, south, and west. If it is facing north, then you have to resort to plan b (put it on the ground or stand at the rear of the trailer). The nice thing is you can still park your TV in the front of your rig. I made this out of mostly scrap except for the 3/4 inch angle iron that I had to buy from Home Depot. It is made so it can be slid out about eight more inches to accommodate reception from the left or right directions.

Attachments

• tg1.JPG
    tg1.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 75
  • tg2.JPG
    tg2.JPG
    200.8 KB · Views: 74
  • tg3.JPG
    tg3.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 68

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Its looks like a good idea...but wont you have to always have the front of the coach facing south??

JanAndBill

You just caused my creative thoughts to kick into high gear. We use a standard Dish HD antenna. I took an old house mount for an antenna and four 2x2 blocks to span the uprights on the rear ladder. I bolt the house mount to the blocks which gives me a secure mount for the dish on the rear of the trailer. However I have the same problem as you if the rear isn't facing south. I'd never thought about fabricating something to attach to the pin box. Duh!

pegmikef

Its looks like a good idea...but wont you have to always have the front of the coach facing south??

Yeah Bob, like I said it has to face east, west or south . . . otherwise you have to put ii on the cround or on a stand at the rear of the coach.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
When I bought the Winegard carry out, I also bought the ladder mount kit. In 4 years only had 1 CG that I could not get a signal....too many trees.