Do you ever use Level-up jacks to tilt your rig when dumping.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I've found many times the dump stations have been leaning the rig the wrong way to empty the tanks alltheway out.
Level-up to the rescue. I just lower the curb side jacks down and tilt the rig towards the drain and all is well again.
fc6e0467d79a75b364dcdd91f37000c2.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Yes, I have done the same thing, twice last summer. Works Great!

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
The sewer connections were a little on the tall side at a recent campground. I extended the landing gear a bit to ensure the....ummm....waste rolled downhill.

mlpeloquin

Yes. And I also do this when I need to change the valve gaskets. Tilt as much as it goes, drain into a bucket, and then tilt back the other way. It is nice not to have gray or black water dripping as you work.

avvidclif

And another very useful use for the hydraulic leveling system. Never thought about tilting the RV to finish draining the tanks.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

And another very useful use for the hydraulic leveling system. Never thought about tilting the RV to finish draining the tanks.
That's why I put this out there some are doing it and some never even thought about it. I bet many more of you will be doing it now.
JUST MAKE SURE YOU PICK THEM UP BEFORE YOU TRY TO DRIVE AWAY.........
That would not bet good

jbeletti

I have done this but not when connected to the truck. Rather, at a camp-site.

Be careful when using the jacks while connected to the truck. Don't want to pull your hitch apart or worse, stress the upper-deck of the frame at its attachment point to the lower frame.

Likewise, on a single overnight, when I don't want to disconnect, I will use the LevelUp system manually to lower all the jacks to stabilize the coach and I will do some side to side and/or front to back manipulation, but always with an eye on what I'm doing to the truck and hitch and never putting too much upward pressure there.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Using the left or right side jacks has no affect on the TV hitch no more then pulling out of a driveway actually less stress.
Now raising the front jacks without paying attention to what your doing could definitely cause a problem.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Now we don't have the level-up on our Prowler (we are the trailer trash of the Heartland brand name), but I would think that if the trailer was level when draining the tanks . . . it wouldn't need the help of the level-up system to drain the tanks!

Just sayin' . . .

avvidclif

What happens when you are at a dump station and it's not level but tilted wrong? This is not about sitting at your site, it's about dumping when leaving a park without sewer hookups. It other words roughing it.:rolleyes:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Not been the case for me. The one in that picture was leaning the opposite way and I've been in others with the same issue. I will be there all next week and post a pic of how un-level it is.

dbbls59

I have seen a lot of dump stations that slope the wrong way. Seems that the people that build them have never used one. I have used level up to tilt mine but I watch the hitch closely. It does seem to pull the truck sideways the more you tilt.

HornedToad

Yes I know I shouldn't do this as my toy hauler garage floor deck is probably made from OSB... But I raise my front jacks to tilt the trailer so I can spray out the garage with a garden hose and the water runs off!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Works good for that too.
My toyhualer had the slowest front Jack ever made !!!
It would take a minute or two just to get the weight off the truck. It was horrible. The level-up is awesome.

mlpeloquin

I also use it to change my tires or check to see if the lug nuts are tight.

So long as you put blocks and a properly rated jack stand on the I-Beam for support. Otherwise you are not safe relying on the hydraulic lines. I have scene weird things happen on my life. I have not lived this long not to work smart and safe.

mlpeloquin

The sewer connections were a little on the tall side at a recent campground. I extended the landing gear a bit to ensure the....ummm....waste rolled downhill.

Well you have not been to some of the camp grounds we have been at. Try 1 to 1.5 foot above your sewer outlet. That is why I now have a 20 amp 12V socket on the UDC and a FloJet pump. Done that lift the snake thing once to often! Now that I am set up, I have yet to go to a park where I need it. One was in Massachusetts, California, and two or three others crossing country.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired

Well you have not been to some of the camp grounds we have been at. Try 1 to 1.5 foot above your sewer outlet. That is why I now have a 20 amp 12V socket on the UDC and a FloJet pump. Done that lift the snake thing once to often! Now that I am set up, I have yet to go to a park where I need it. One was in Massachusetts, California, and two or three others crossing country.

Occasionally we have experienced this but we seldom stay long enough to fill the waste tanks so I just stop at the dumping station on the way out.
Besides the only time I really care that my tanks are completely empty is the last outing of the season. As it is I add 5-6 gallons plus my recipe to the black tank for the final leg home. Although the water may appear clean after numerous flushes at the CG by the time we're home the water is %#*& brown. I draw it off into a bucket for proper disposal back at the house.