Dodge DRW 4X4 bed height

Willym

I am a propsective Landmark owner and have the above truck - a 2009 model. With my current rig, I find it tows a little nose high and with a bed clearance of above 5 inches. I'd like more. I can lower the rear of the truck,but before I do this, I'd like to hear from others with the same truck to hear about how their truck matches up with their Landmark.

jimtoo

Hi Willym,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to help and share their knowledge if needed.

I think the folks are going to need a little more information about your tow vehicle. Year, model, 2500, 3500, dually and such.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

beardedone

Beardedone
I have the combo in my sig. and my previous unit was an 04 2500 CTD 4x4 with a Titanium fifth wheel. I revoved the spring spacers from both trucks and installed Firestone airbags. I have not had any problem with clearance at any time and have never had to worry about it. Just move the spacers to the top of the stack and you don't have u-bolts etc to change. That way if you want to re-store them you can. My 08 and the Landmark tow perfectly level.

Willym

Thanks Gerry, excellent information. I will be moving the spacers.

I too am moving from a Titanium. My dealer in Ontario has gone to Heartland after Glendale RV folded. He's an excellent dealer, so we were likely going to buy whatever he changed to. Looks like he chose well.

Bill

Jim M - all the necessary truck info was in the title or text body.

Willym

Completed the lowering task yesterday. Fairly straightforward. I worked slowly and it was completed in the morning. The truck is now 1.25" lower at the rear axle position.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Completed the lowering task yesterday. Fairly straightforward. I worked slowly and it was completed in the morning. The truck is now 1.25" lower at the rear axle position.

So its still 1 1/4" low in the rear. Not bad but how does your RV sit as far as level?

Willym

So its still 1 1/4" low in the rear. Not bad but how does your RV sit as far as level?

The truck is 1 1/4" lower than before. My current RV should sit level now - it was a little nose high. I haven't hooked it up lately and won't do so until the end of the month when our next trip starts.