Dometic Air Conditioner runs constantly and noisy

gslabbert5119

Having issues with my Dometic Airconditioners on my BigHorn 3685RL. It still makes the rig cold however, It no longer turns off, and will run all night even after the cooling temp has been reached.

Further it is so loud inside the rv that we can no longer hold a conversation.

With that being said, what is the quietest Airconditioner system available, and does anyone have any help or suggestions

Thanks
Gavin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

Re: Domestic Aircon runs constantly and noisy

Remove the ac cover and tighten up the 4 mounting bolts.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Piperflyer

Your air conditioner might be set in Fan Mode, rather than heat or cool. This is why it runs all the time. Your manual will tell you how to change the settings. Not sure how loud your talking, but my Bighorn air is always loud from the inside when it is running...

wdk450

You might wan t to check this RV Air Conditioner noise reducer/filter. Somewhat pricey, but as one who has endured 4 Southern California Summers with it, I can say that it does cut the noise substantially (but not totally): https://wackoproducts.com/

gslabbert5119

Your air conditioner might be set in Fan Mode, rather than heat or cool. This is why it runs all the time. Your manual will tell you how to change the settings. Not sure how loud your talking, but my Bighorn air is always loud from the inside when it is running...

Thanks, will check it out

gslabbert5119

Is your fan set to Auto when running the A/C?

Yes it is set to auto. Seems that it is simply too hot in Florida right now, and the air on can’t cool the rv sufficiently to turn the air on off.
I had a rv aircon guy check it out and it is all good.
Incoming air is 76 degrees, and out going is 48 degrees.

He did suggest that I modify the cover, by cutting away all of the vent slats except the middle one, and then cover the opening with that drywall mesh that is used for stucco on houses. He also sent me a link.
Basically this little mod improves the airspeed of the hot air venting by about 50% and will improve the efficiency.
He also suggested that I replace all of the vent outlets in the roof for units that can be closed. This way I can better direct where the air goes.

wdk450

Yes it is set to auto. Seems that it is simply too hot in Florida right now, and the air on can’t cool the rv sufficiently to turn the air on off.
I had a rv aircon guy check it out and it is all good.
Incoming air is 76 degrees, and out going is 48 degrees.

He did suggest that I modify the cover, by cutting away all of the vent slats except the middle one, and then cover the opening with that drywall mesh that is used for stucco on houses. He also sent me a link.
Basically this little mod improves the airspeed of the hot air venting by about 50% and will improve the efficiency.
He also suggested that I replace all of the vent outlets in the roof for units that can be closed. This way I can better direct where the air goes.

If the ambient heat is too much for the air conditioner to handle, you may need a 2nd air conditioner installed. Check YOUR VIN with Heartland Service to see if you had the 2nd air conditioner prep package installed during assembly. A lot of bigger Heartlands did.

You RV servicer could probably do this for you.

Also, you might consider applying Henrys Tropo-Cool 887 elastometric roof coating. It is rated above 90% IR reflective. Not only does it reflect the heat, it does a great job of sealing the roof long term with very little maintenance needed.