Dometic DM2852 has issues

i have 2 of these refirigerators in my toyhauler , both seem to have the same issue . they cool ok but the problem is they seem to run constantly
i came to this conclusion as i am living in it currently while our house is remodeled , i got a huge power bill the last 2 months
my TH is on its own meter , so i got to investigating and found a constant 6 amp load thru process of elimantion i disvovered it was the refrigerators running constantly , i hooked up a data logger to my panel for 48 hours , anyhow i did the math and with my power rates it is over a 100 bucks a month just to run the 2 refers the way they are operating right not . this cant be right

anybody have a idea for me >?

along the way i found other problems as well i have a 50 amp service with 80 percent of my load being on one leg
ran both a/c's and found that out

danemayer

Things that might cause the refrigerators to run constantly:

- Leaky door seals. Pull a dollar bill through the seals. There should be some drag.
- Too much stuff inside or stuff arranged in a way that prevents good air circulation
- Not enough airflow on the backside of the unit(s)
- Thermostat problem - although it seems unlikely for both units to have that same problem
- Hot, high humidity inside the coach (probably not in CA)

porthole

Retired
along the way i found other problems as well i have a 50 amp service with 80 percent of my load being on one leg
ran both a/c's and found that out

If you know what yu are doing it is easy enough to balance the panel. If not and you ask an electrician advise him before he starts that the wiring in the panel box is nothing special and is just a different version of residential wiring. Same type of wires, same breakers even.

If you know what yu are doing it is easy enough to balance the panel. If not and you ask an electrician advise him before he starts that the wiring in the panel box is nothing special and is just a different version of residential wiring. Same type of wires, same breakers even.

Well it just so happens I am a electrician
I'm just blown away at the lack of care that goes into toyhauler builds

DonnyB007

I just checked my fridge temp and it was showing -8'C. Then I checked the freezer temperature and it was showing +4'C.

How do I get my brand new fridge in the Trail Runner to have freezing temps in the freezer and cool temps in the fridge area? There is only one control for temp on the front and the technician said to put it at 4. I did try 3, but still the same results ! Do I have a screwed up fridge?

danemayer

I just checked my fridge temp and it was showing -8'C. Then I checked the freezer temperature and it was showing +4'C.

How do I get my brand new fridge in the Trail Runner to have freezing temps in the freezer and cool temps in the fridge area? There is only one control for temp on the front and the technician said to put it at 4. I did try 3, but still the same results ! Do I have a screwed up fridge?
Hi Don,

We have a flowchart to troubleshoot cooling in the Dometic RM1350. Obviously it's not the same model, but most of the same issues apply to other refrigerators. That might be a good starting point.

DonnyB007

Thank you, I read the flow chart and discovered my trailer was out of level front to back! I will use a decent level from now on so that won't happen again....thanks for the info