Dometic refrigerator

John C

We have a Dometic refrigerator that does not work when the RV is plugged in. Works on gas, takes a while but eventually it gets cold. Anyone else have this problem? Solutions?

danemayer

Sounds like something is interrupting the 120V AC to the refrigerator. If you remove the lower exterior vent, you should find an outlet. Check it with either a meter, or a known good lamp. If no power, check circuit breakers in your main panel. Also check the GFCI outlet, probably in the bathroom, to make sure it's not tripped.

Johnston1107

Sounds like something is interrupting the 120V AC to the refrigerator. If you remove the lower exterior vent, you should find an outlet. Check it with either a meter, or a known good lamp. If no power, check circuit breakers in your main panel. Also check the GFCI outlet, probably in the bathroom, to make sure it's not tripped.
Where should the drain line terminate the rv

danemayer

Where should the drain line terminate the rv
If you're asking about the water drain from the refrigerator, generally it's routed through the openings in the lower exterior cover. The corrugated tubing can deteriorate, leading to a cracked or broken tube. If the water drains inside, it may cause water damage.

But of course, that is unlikely to be the reason for an electrical problem, unless the water is draining onto the refrigerator's outlet.

Hollandt

Thanks I believe that is what happened after my first trip water all over the place. My drain is sitting inside the cover can you show me a diagram of the drain terminated is it taped to the cover?
Stick the end of the hose through one of the vent holes. To remove the cover completely in the future you will need to remove the drain from the vent hole temporary.

danemayer

Water "all over the place" could be from a leaky solenoid/water or ice maker feed line. The condensation drain will produce a fair amount over time. A leaky feed line will produce a lot of water in short order.

If the fridge has an ice maker or water dispenser, and hasn't been properly winterized, that would be the likely source of a lot of water.

Johnston1107

Water "all over the place" could be from a leaky solenoid/water or ice maker feed line. The condensation drain will produce a fair amount over time. A leaky feed line will produce a lot of water in short order.

If the fridge has an ice maker or water dispenser, and hasn't been properly winterized, that would be the likely source of a lot of water.
Thanks