Dometic RM1350 water dispenser turns on by itself

DruidZ

This morning we were woken by the sound of running water and found our fridge water dispenser spilling water all over the floor. pressing the switch stopped it but while cleaning up it started running again. I assume that the switch in front is the problem but I can't find anything on line about replacing it. Plenty of control board pages but not the switch.

So, first of all, does anyone know where to buy a new switch? If not, is it possible that this one can be fixed? Perhaps it is simply a dirty switch. How hard is it to remove the switch and take it apart. It looks like it is just two screws but I don't know what is behind it.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Personally if this happened to me, even replacing the switch, I could never feel comfortable that it would not fail again. This is the first time I have heard of this specific problem. It is also why every time we leave the camper we turn off the water at the spigot. We had another owner, on this forum, many years ago loose her camper (totaled) to flooding from a faulty plumbing line. Good luck.

DruidZ

I did remove the switch. Turns out it is a small control board part #3851144018. It's $60 plus shipping from a few places. Not sure if I should get one. I can't tell if it is broken or if the issue is somewhere else.

I may try cleaning the switch on the board by putting some alcohol on it and blowing air over it. Other than the switch there is a transistor, a diode and two resistors as well as a couple of LEDs.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The switch is not the only thing in play.
There has to be a solenoid controlled valve that is activated by a switch when you call for water. It could be faulty.
Or the switch sends a signal to the main board that then sends a signal to the solenoid.
Just adding a little confusion here.

Peace
Dave