Dometic RM3962

davidg

I'm having an issue with my refrigerator, at least once a week in the early morning (like 6 or 7 AM never in the afternoon) the temperature is 41-42-43 normally 36-37. I was able to get it once when it was off and unit was cold (majority of the time it back on catching up) checked for voltage I had 13.0V and 120v at the refrigerator, I changed the thermoster 11 months ago and did fine until last month (July) so I replaced it again that hasn't solved my problem.
Thanks in advance for any/all help,
David

Bogie

I don't have an answer for you, but I have attached a Dometic manuals that covers your unit. It talks about an onboard diagnostic test procedure (Section 11). Also I am attaching a link to Dometic's web page with the Service Manual in it. There is a trouble shooting section (Section 3) that may help with the diagnosis. Should be the first manual on the page.

https://documents.dometic.com/search/emea/americas/english?query=RM3962

Hope that helps.

Attachments

• Service Manual, RM3762 & RM3962.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 2

Hollandt

I'm having an issue with my refrigerator, at least once a week in the early morning (like 6 or 7 AM never in the afternoon) the temperature is 41-42-43 normally 36-37. I was able to get it once when it was off and unit was cold (majority of the time it back on catching up) checked for voltage I had 13.0V and 120v at the refrigerator, I changed the thermoster 11 months ago and did fine until last month (July) so I replaced it again that hasn't solved my problem.
Thanks in advance for any/all help,
David
I really do not have an answer but you may want to try one of the battery powered fans inside the fridge. I find that the one I use really helps keep the temp more consistent inside the fridge. Does it behave the same way on gas and on electric?

davidg

I really do not have an answer but you may want to try one of the battery powered fans inside the fridge. I find that the one I use really helps keep the temp more consistent inside the fridge. Does it behave the same way on gas and on electric?
It operates on gas but not sure it would do the same, that's a good idea I'll try it on gas and see.
Thanks

davidg

wdk450

David:
I hope this helps. I had time to reflect on your problem, and thought that maybe your outside venting fans are shutting off due to a thermal switch shutting them off due to lower outside ambient temperatures. I thought that you might try shorting out the temperature switch so that the venting fans run continuously, and see what happens.

I am in hot southern California, have 2 of the high capacity fans in my slideout lower and upper access panels. The lower one is mounted flat sided to the lower panel with the square outlet blowing up. The top one is mounted with the square outlet blowing outside. I have them running continuously without a switch. I get pretty good temperature regulation in my 12 cf Dometic side-by-side, with lowest freezer temps in the single digits.