Dometic slide out refrigerator issues make it into Highways Magazine

2010augusta

Well for those of us with refers in a slide out and can keep them cool in the heat of the summer. The November/December issue of Highways Magazine addressed the issue, and they even suggest the same thing that has been mentioned on the forum, hot wiring the fans to run 24/7. the real isses is a lack of air flow over the coils, and con not be corrected easily.

lhetsler

Refridgerator

I have had a problem with mine not cooling lower than about 38 to 42 since it was new. I went on a trip this past week and decided to move the little temperature probe slide from the back fins inside the refer to the top shelf and it made an 8 degree difference and was only on setting no. 3. I usually have it on five. It made a huge difference. Prior to doing this I also hot wired the fans and it really did not make much difference. I put the fans back on the thermometer because they really eat up the batteries. I now have a freezer at 0 instead of 20 and a refer at 30 to 32.

2010augusta

Most of the issues are with the 4 door refers, because they have a different thermostat that is not attached to any of the fins.