Draining Fresh Water Tank?

Trillium

We have a 2009 Bighorn 3670RL. Last week I filled the fresh water tank and now would like to drain it. Under our trailer to the right of the entrance door we have two hoses with valves (one red and one blue). I opened both and no water drained out? If I turn on the pump - water comes out under pressure.

How do I drain the fresh water tank? :confused: If I have to use the pump to accomplish this, is it possible to damage the pump when running so long and could the pump be damaged by running dry or almost dry once most of the water is pumped out?:eek:

todalake

Fresh water drain on my BC is between tires on street side of unit. It is not as noticeable as the hot and cold water drains on the door side.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Trillium, todalake is correct. You can also use the water pump without worrying about it as long as you don't let it run dry for too long. A few minutes is fine but I'm not sure how long they can actually run "dry" without doing any harm. All that being said, the fresh water tank on our rig is almost impossible to get completely empty. We have to travel with the valve open so the water sloshes around and it will finally empty itself.

jbeletti

I emptied my fresh water tank the other day by running water into the sing with the pump on until it would draw no more water.

Jim

boatdoc

Trillium. You'll find the drain on your 3670 in front of the dump valve about 2 1/2' in from the street side of the rig. It is well hidden and is kind of APITA to get to but it is there, at least on ours!!

Trillium

Thankyou all for your replies. I will check this weekend to see if I can find the drain valve. I'll let you all know if I found it:D or not:eek:.

Trillium

I checked for the fresh water drain and other than not knowing what is the street side of the camper, I did find the drain valve on the side opposite the door. Thankyou all for your replies.

I mistakenly thought that the street side of the camper was the door side so I looked there first to no avail. Just can't figure out why the side opposite the door is called the street side?

jbeletti

Trillium,

Where we drive on the right side of the street, this is also the side we park on. As such, an RV parked on the street will have it's door side called the curb side. So that makes the off door side the street side.