Drop-Down TV Mount Recommendations?

wilsonxjr

Hello everyone! Our main living area TV (55") is mounted above the window and I'm looking at getting a drop-down mount to get the TV to a better viewing angle. Has anyone done this before?

In doing some research, the RV-specific ones (MORryde) seem to be too small for a 55" TV and I'm concerned that the home-use (over-mantle) ones will be too heavy and bulky for my space.

If anyone has successfully done this please share which brand/model you purchased and how you like it!

Thank you!!

Matt750

I went with the Morryde drop down mount for our CY4007. I did change the TV to a 50” instead of the 55”. The 50 just seemed to fit better, especially when using the drop down mount. The tv might be pushing the limits of the mount, but so far it has worked awesome! Oh yea, also have a Bose sound bar mounted to the tv as well.

Attachments

• 67AD5C11-914F-44D4-BC6C-8A744AB4E78E.jpeg
    67AD5C11-914F-44D4-BC6C-8A744AB4E78E.jpeg
    676.6 KB · Views: 18

wilsonxjr

I went with the Morryde drop down mount for our CY4007. I did change the TV to a 50” instead of the 55”. The 50 just seemed to fit better, especially when using the drop down mount. The tv might be pushing the limits of the mount, but so far it has worked awesome! Oh yea, also have a Bose sound bar mounted to the tv as well.
Yes! That looks great! ... and I agree, a smaller TV would fit in the space much better.
Thanks for the suggestion!