Dual Propane Regulators

RCT4383

I have a 2019 Heartland Big Horn 3870FB. The trailer is equipped with dual propane tanks, one on the right side, and one on left. There is a regulator on the right side tank before the line crosses over to the left side where it connects to the automatic dual switch regulator. Why is it necessary to have two regulators? Why not just use the auto-switch regulator?

Dahillbilly

the auto -switch is just that a switch & it has to be downstream from the regulators; the switch works off of pressure

Daley07

So far my DIY hasn't burned the house down after replacing Single Stage propane regulator 698 believed to be 11WC output for 18" LP gas logs needing 11-14WC low pressure. I put on a gas shutoff valve on the inside. Then, using two pieces of stainless flex, one inside and one outside, I connected to the range and to this regulator. The regulator is connected to a standard 20-pound propane tank. Be sure to check every connection for leaks.

Last edited:
From my understanding, the RED regulator drops the tank pressure before it passes through the coach to the change over valve.
You have to use the Red regulator if the tanks are set up like that.
I understand this is Federal Law.

Hockster

wdk450

So far my DIY hasn't burned the house down after replacing Single Stage propane regulator 698 believed to be 11WC output for 18" LP gas logs needing 11-14WC low pressure. I put on a gas shutoff valve on the inside. Then, using two pieces of stainless flex, one inside and one outside, I connected to the range and to this regulator. The regulator is connected to a standard 20-pound propane tank. Be sure to check every connection for leaks.
This modification may void your insurance coverage for fire if this is discovered after a fire event.