Dyson Portable

Dumboldles

Hello, we are on the road and DW went to use the Dyson and found she could not remove it from the its docking station in the closet. I looked at it trying to determine if there was a release button or whatever that needed to push in order to get the darn thing to release. We both have used the vacuum many times before and it has pulled off its docking station without a problem. I’m afraid to give it a hard pull that may damage it or the wall.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Dumboldles

Oldelevatorman

Like SS said, up & out to release it from the holder. Ours got broken after a few months of use so we put it in storage with the rest of our stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTPockets

With the vac removed, Look closely at the bottom of the cradle the vacuum sits in and you will see two small plastic rails with a notch at the rear. When the vac is in the cradle it is being held in place By that notch. To remove, you must first lift the vac up slightly, then pull outward at the bottom and then down to unplug from the charger.

Last edited by a moderator:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Sometimes when I can't get it to lift off the charger, it's easier to remove the long pole/rollerbrush from the unit first. If it's getting hung up on "stuff" around it, it won't lift easily. Then I can get the unit off of the charger easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dumboldles

Thanks everyone, up and pull worked. There’s was some plastic cracking noises but was able to remove it from the cradle. Set it back in and it removes like it supposed to...don’t know why it got so stuck.

Thanks again.

Dumboldles

Dumboldles

Thanks everyone, up and pull worked. There’s was some plastic cracking noises but was able to remove it from the cradle. Set it back in and it removes like it supposed to...don’t know why it got so stuck.

Thanks again.

Dumboldles

I believe the problem was not having the dump lid completely closed when placing back into the cradle and that was catching making it difficult for removal.

edenston

Rotarian / Broker Realtor
With the vac removed, Look closely at the bottom of the cradle the vacuum sits in and you will see two small plastic rails with a notch at the rear. When the vac is in the cradle it is being held in place By that notch. To remove, you must first lift the vac up slightly, then pull outward at the bottom and then down to unplug from the charger.

4827 Got my 3270lrls home about a month now and had to replace the batters in the Vac...They sent one at no charge