Electric Oven problem

We have a problem with our Furion electric ovens in our 2021 Newport. Both ovens burn the top and don't cook the bottom. Have tried different temps. and times and heights even bought a pizza stone and nothing has helped. No help from the manufacturer. Dealer said he would check into it but haven't heard back. The wife is getting a little flustered, double ovens is one of the reasons we bought this fifth wheel. Has anyone had this trouble and what did you do to solve it?

danemayer

Hi 87BuickGN.,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Hopefully someone will have some advice on the oven.

centerline

are the lower elements working at all?.... obviously the top ones are.

normally, if the oven is on broil, ONLY the top element will come on.... on bake, ONLY the bottom element comes on

during preheat, or if the oven has a "toast" mode and its on, both elements will come on.....

if the lower element IS working and NOT the top one (in BAKE mode) .if you are then getting burning on the top, its because the food is too high in the oven..... moving it down will allow the bottom to heat, while the rising hot air will cook the top at the same time, bringing the top and bottom to finish its baking at the same time....

if only the top elements are working, there is no hope of getting anything cooked right in it.... check to see what mode the oven is in when its cooking.

Last edited:
These are electric double ovens and there are no "bottom elements" on either one. There are 4 positions on the left switch 1. lite on 2. Fan off cooking #. Fan on cooking 4. defrost. the right switch is the temp control. We have tried both cooking positions at different temps and rack heights and added a pizza stone thinking that might help distribute the heat. Nothing helps, burns the top wont cook the bottom. The top oven runs 25 degrees colder than the temp setting ,the bottom oven runs 25 degrees hotter. I wonder if I could replace these with gas ovens? We had no trouble with the gas oven in all our previous fifth wheels. Anyone else have this problem?

EEdawg

Our landmark phoenix has a single electric oven that acts the same way. The wife hates it. So do I. I don't know who thought a stove with heat elements only on the top would work. HEAT RISES.
We have a tried a pizza stone. We tried using different racks. WE got a slightly better results in the fan on mode; but it is still very hard to get anything cooked right. The cooktop is gas, makes me wonder if we could get a gas oven replacement to put under the cooktop.
WE HATE THE OVEN.

centerline

Our landmark phoenix has a single electric oven that acts the same way. The wife hates it. So do I. I don't know who thought a stove with heat elements only on the top would work. HEAT RISES.
We have a tried a pizza stone. We tried using different racks. WE got a slightly better results in the fan on mode; but it is still very hard to get anything cooked right. The cooktop is gas, makes me wonder if we could get a gas oven replacement to put under the cooktop.
WE HATE THE OVEN.

I agree with you... Ive never heard of an oven being designed with only a TOP element....

i kinda wonder if after they designed and built them, THEN they found out that it doesnt work, so in a feeble attempt to pacify the issue, they included a pizza stone to be placed on the top rack to buffer the heat getting to the foodstuff on the bottom rack... and if it is a convection oven with a fan, that should distribute the heat, but STILL not a good design, as the radiant heat of the element is much more intense than the "fan distributed" heat...

- - - Updated - - -

These are electric double ovens and there are no "bottom elements" on either one. There are 4 positions on the left switch 1. lite on 2. Fan off cooking #. Fan on cooking 4. defrost. the right switch is the temp control. We have tried both cooking positions at different temps and rack heights and added a pizza stone thinking that might help distribute the heat. Nothing helps, burns the top wont cook the bottom. The top oven runs 25 degrees colder than the temp setting ,the bottom oven runs 25 degrees hotter. I wonder if I could replace these with gas ovens? We had no trouble with the gas oven in all our previous fifth wheels. Anyone else have this problem?

well, thats not a NORMAL electric oven design.....

are there any cooking/use instructions included with the ovens?...... I would call the oven manufacture and find out how the ovens are supposed to be used with only a top element....

We sent an e-mail to Furion, no help they told us to have someone check the voltage to the ovens or adjust the racks. Did all that before I sent it. Guess those of us who are stuck with these ovens need to make some more noise.

Last edited by a moderator:

RickL

The Furrion gas oven isn’t much better. If you do some searching you’ll find lots of issues with the heating. I haven’t heard how the insignia range/ovens are working. It surely couldn’t be worse then Furrion in my opinion.