Entrance dome light

Routemaster

Where might the entrance door light switch be located not seeing anything around the frame? Last night the dome light came on and off all on its own during the rainstorm, eerie!!
Thanks.
Den.

Gary521

That is the "welcome back" light. There is a switch in the basement that turns this light on by a magnetic switch in the bottom of the door. There may also be an on/off switch on the main panel. There is a wiring diagram in the above tools section

Routemaster

Hi Gary. I am not seeing anything on the bottom of the door except a black plastic about 1" LG with two screws holding it up.

Routemaster

When I turn the entrance switch on it turns on the light could the switch be wired the wrong way white wire on the top and green on the bottom?

Garypowell

Don’t know your model, but my switch was acceptable behind the basement wall and under my stairs. About 2 - 3 inches and maybe 1/2 inch thick. With plastic coating wrapper. I seem to remember it had three wires hooked to it.

In reality it’s just a small relay activated by the magnetic door switch. My money is on this small relay being bad.

Gary521

Hi Gary. I am not seeing anything on the bottom of the door except a black plastic about 1" LG with two screws holding it up.
No, you will not see the magnetic switch as part of it is in the sill and part inside the door bottom. I got tired of that light malfunctioning and just cut the wires in the ceiling. Mine would turn on in the middle of the night.