Entry Door Issue

C-DNAZ

Have 2014 Bighorn and the entry door on the inside is separating, anyone else having this issue. Have contacted Heartland and was told $500 plus shipping! Figured the door should last longer that...

jbeletti

I've heard of entry door issues before. Not sure if I've heard of delamination of the interior panel.

Generally, that panel is sort of a pebbled plastic material. I believe the core of the door if fairly dense foam material and the interior and exterior panels are glued to the foam and likely vacuum bonded. You may be able to resecure the interior panel with adhesive.

Perhaps you can attach an image so we can all see what you're dealing with.

sengli

Our elkridge we had several years ago did exactly that. Over the winter the inside of the door cracked and we had to have it replaced under warranty at the time. The crack just kept getting longer and wider. We were also told by our dealer, that we had order and replace the entire door assembly as they(lippert) did not offer just discrete components by themselves.

JamesL73

I have a 2018 Elkridge and the metal frame, near the hinges, has separated from the foam portion. The door is pretty much useless. Luckily I have two doors but would still like to get my main door replaced.

Bobby A

My 1st door on my 2010 had several slits ( like a razor blade cut) on the inside of the door. I had it replaced by Lippert. My 2nd door has just now started to do the same, only have one slit currently.