EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AZ, Amado - 10/11/2018 to 10/14/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

llalsbury

Arizona Chapter Leaders - retired
Sadly another cancelation today. This opens up 3 seats on the bus to tour the observatory so if anyone wants to get on the bus let know soon.

Pokiejoe

Lynn and Rose,
We are sorry to say that something has come up and we are unable to attend the rally. I have cancelled our reservations at the park. Will miss seeing old friends and meeting new ones and we know you will all have a great time. Safe travels and hope to see you again soon.

Paradise2

Amado Rally

Unfortunately we are going to have to cancel due to hubby having to travel that week....so bummed we will miss this as we met some great people at the Colorado rally that we were looking forward to seeing again.

llalsbury

Lynn and Rose,
We are sorry to say that something has come up and we are unable to attend the rally. I have cancelled our reservations at the park. Will miss seeing old friends and meeting new ones and we know you will all have a great time. Safe travels and hope to see you again soon.

Sorry to see you go but please check out the Oct 2019 AZ Chapter rally at Camp Verde, AZ.

llalsbury

We had a few folks cancel for the rally so now we have 5 open seats on the bus to the observatory. If you want to get in on this event please let me know.

llalsbury

Great news – the observatory tour is on and it’s free. We have been working on a firm commitment by the observatory to provide a tour of the mountain top facility. The holdup has been due to construction and maintenance on the road to the summit. The construction is not complete all the way to the top so we will only be able to tour the ridge top facilities which still offer spectacular views. This will be a shorter tour of approx. 3 1/2 hours so the bus will return us to the base camp and visitor center at around 12:30 PM. There is a picnic area at the base camp if you wish to bring a sack lunch after the tour. The visitor center at base camp offers interpretive displays and a small gift shop. The volunteers in the visitor center will answer your questions and offer their knowledge of the entire complex.

Please plan on carpooling due to limited parking at base camp.

We still have 5 open seats for this event - lets fill up the bus. Send me a PM, make a post or email me soon.

Last edited:

llalsbury

The Saturday breakfast buffet will be served in the restaurant at De Anza. The price for the meal is $10.00 + tax and gratuity for a total $12.50 per plate. The chapter will be paying the resort with one check so we will be collecting payment for the meals at rally registration. Rose and I have eaten in the restaurant at De Anza many times and have never had a bad meal.

Ron-Cookie

Cookie and I will have to CANCEL attending the rally... She is getting close to dialysis and has a need to visit our Grand Daughters over in Georgia before this happens... I have notified the De Auza Resort...

llalsbury

Cookie and I will have to CANCEL attending the rally... She is getting close to dialysis and has a need to visit our Grand Daughters over in Georgia before this happens... I have notified the De Auza Resort...

Sorry to see you go. We will miss you guys - maybe Oct. 2019 rally at Camp Verde?

llalsbury

We are still in need of one more high sided (not a griddle) non-stick electric frying pan for Sunday morning breakfast. If you can help please let me know, PM to llalsbury, email to llalsbury@gmail.com

llalsbury

A new addition to the rally schedule:

On Friday 10/12 from 8:00 am until 3:30 pm La Mesa RV from Tucson will display 3 Heartland coaches. In the morning La Mesa will provide coffee and pastry for our rally and all park residents and in the afternoon hours ice cream will be served as well.

llalsbury

After reviewing our budget for this rally we have a few extra $'s, so the chapter is going to cover the sales tax and gratuity for the Saturday breakfast. The cost for each plate will be $10.00.

llalsbury

During the games night we will have a game called Derby Dice. Derby Dice is played with dice and a roll of dimes. Bob our De Anza host will run the game. We will need to play in couples otherwise the game could run on for a long time. You might walk away with all the dimes in play.

What to bring: a $5.00 roll of dimes and your beverage of choice and be ready to have a great time.

llalsbury

Thanks Ann, you got me without my usual huge smile
icon7.png
. But just the same thanks for the great picture.!!

jbeletti

Lynne and Rose - Nancy and I had a great time at your first rally. We enjoyed seeing our friends as well as making a few new ones with the first-timers.

Pretty sure we won't make next year's AZ rally but so glad we were able to make the trip this year!

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Lynn & Rose:
What a nice Rally you put on and the venue could not have been any better! Super JOB!
You are to be congratulated for all the hard work and organization you had for your "First" Rally.
Your leadership in your past "job" life really shined through into your Rally planning!
There are four RV's left for the last post Rally night and we leave in the morning. Meanwhile, we are running down to the hospital in Green Valley and having our jaws wired shut to prevent any more weight gain from all the food.
Can't wait for your 2019 Rally at Distant Drums, another super Venue!
Thank you for your excellent leadership.

Hi! I am trying really hard to figure out how to be a part of this crew. I have a 2016 Road Warrior 413 and I am having some difficulty figuring out all of the bells and whistles. I Can't even figure out this site!
Thank you for your excellent leadership.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.