EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AZ, Benson - 4/18/2017 to 4/23/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AZ, Benson - 4/20/2017 to 4/23/2017

Wow...we now have 16 rigs for this Camp out... The newest members for the AZ chapter have signed up as well...Remember on our last day at Havasu, the new 2017 Bighorn with temp plates....Guy & Lisa came over this evening and I signed them up as members....Will make the new member post once it has been approved by the HOC.
Exciting! I think we should turn this into a Rally and get the financial benefit for the Chapter! What is your opinion???? We are allowed two each year!
If we make it a Rally, I will need help with lifting things as that will be the last week of my rehab after the shoulder surgery....I am game if your guys want it....

Garry

Last edited by a moderator:

ZonieLD

Hi Garry, count us in for the campout! We have booked site 2 for 4/20-4/23. Looking forward to seeing everyone! Larry and Jane Davidson

Doublegranch

Larry & Jane:

Got you down! Thanks so much!

Az_Ernie

Wow...we now have 16 rigs for this Camp out... The newest members for the AZ chapter have signed up as well...Remember on our last day at Havasu, the new 2017 Bighorn with temp plates....Guy & Lisa came over this evening and I signed them up as members....Will make the new member post once it has been approved by the HOC.
Exciting! I think we should turn this into a Rally and get the financial benefit for the Chapter! What is your opinion???? We are allowed two each year!
If we make it a Rally, I will need help with lifting things as that will be the last week of my rehab after the shoulder surgery....I am game if your guys want it....

Garry
Turning this into a Rally sounds like a great idea! I wonder what problems would occur if we added a couple of days? Just thinking a couple more days would make it more worthwhile for those coming from out of state. Also would allow more time to add in a few more excursions (winery visit, Tombstone, Bisbee, etc.). Just brainstorming...

We're glad you got Guy and Lisa signed up, I was afraid that we might have scared them off! :)

DebiMac

Yes, Garry! The MacVie's would be very interested in extending and making it a rally! I'm assuming, of course, that we can get our site extended.

Doublegranch

It was suggested at Havasu to have a Potluck Dinner... List what you will be bringing...
I am shown on the first post for: Peel and eat shrimp & Cocktail sauce...but the shrimp will be peeled...
I will also pick up margarita mix and have the Margarita Fountain "FLOWING"...

DebiMac

Hi, Garry...I realize you've barely had time to arrive at home as I'm typing this post. How many days do you think you'll extend the rally (assuming you make it a rally)? We'd like to extend our site reservations as soon as possible. I'm so glad you are doing this! This is a great group & we'd love to spend more time with everyone! Thanks again for all your work! We miss you already here at Havasu!

Doublegranch

Deb:
If the groups decides they want it to be a Rally, lets say Tuesday - Sunday....it won't hurt to book your space anyway and remember the sites are Elec and Water with a dump station. The dump station is close by and very convenient to use, much better than at Havasu...You and Ernie, Marie have responded YES for the Rally....
Let's give it a day and make the decision! I think Jaycee and Richard would go for a Rally as well, saw them on the way out of Havasu.
Got home at 5 pm....the girls would not come in as they wanted to run, play and roll.....they missed the ranch...

Note: it could be an issue for everyone to obtain that space as they have already booked....most rally's are only 3 days so we could stay with that as well....those arriving early would be a pre rally.....

Ron-Cookie

Garry... I signed up for site 48 tonight (4/20 - 4/23)... Hope we can go....

Doublegranch

Ron:
That is Great!!! Can't wait as this is a really nice relaxing venue!!

Ron-Cookie

How many Rallies can a chapter have in one year? Can Heartland only provide assistance with two Rallies? I was hoping for a Rally in the Fall since April is so close to January.. I would go for October... By the way sites 47 & 51 are occupied for the 18 - 20th..

Doublegranch

Re: EVENT:Heartland Chapter Rally: AZ, Benson - 4/20/2017 to 4/23/2017

Ron:

A chapter may have as many Rally's as they want but Heartland will only contribute financially on two per year.
The fall has 3 mountain Rally's in Sept, Montana, Colorado & Utah. I am not sure I will be able to put one together for Oct, so the thought is to make this campout a Rally to secure financial assistance and if we can make another in Oct it will be a campout, if not at least the April event helped put money into the chapter fund.
So far seven want this to be a rally.

Ron-Cookie

Garry.... I signed up for site 48 tonight (4/20 - 4/23) AND (4/18 -4/20) ...

Doublegranch

Wow...you got your site for the extra days...cool

Doublegranch

I will also arrive on the 18th of April....

If you all want a 5 day rally vs 3 days...go to the reservations page on the first posting and book it now.....there appears to be ample room.

Doublegranch

Hi, Garry...I realize you've barely had time to arrive at home as I'm typing this post. How many days do you think you'll extend the rally (assuming you make it a rally)? We'd like to extend our site reservations as soon as possible. I'm so glad you are doing this! This is a great group & we'd love to spend more time with everyone! Thanks again for all your work! We miss you already here at Havasu!

[Deb: Trying to get everyone to book arriving on the 18th....appears they have this space available...I have booked arrival 18th, Ron & Cookie as well....have sent out PM's to everyone on the list. looks like we will turn this into a Rally vs Campout.....let me know your arrival date.....]

DebiMac

Garry, we were able to extend our site! We will arrive Monday, 4/17 and leave the next Monday, 4/24. Looking forward to another wonderful time with a great leader and great group! Thank you so much for all you do!

Doublegranch

Debi & John:

Thanks got your new dates down.....

Ducky

Garry;

We now have Space 47 from 4/18 - 4/23, will know more tomorrow if we will be able to attend. See Dr tomorrow to see what is happening with my wife and her leg.

Ducky

Mrsfish

Count Rick and I for attending. We will not be staying at the park as we will have already moved our rig to the mountains, but it's a relatively short drive for us to hang out.

Status
Not open for further replies.