EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AZ, Fort McDowell - 9/21/2016 to 9/25/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron-Cookie

Re: EVENT: AZ Chapter Rally Ft. McDowell (Phoenix)- 9/21/2016 to 9/25/2016

Glad I checked Garry... You now show both us and the Poole's in site 239.... We have been 239 since the beginning and the Poole's were in site 229... Maybe you better check it out again... 17 trailers coming and only 16 sites blocked out....

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Ron:

Thanks, I will check it out...The Resort just sent me a new listing...so call them tomorrow.
They are still showing Cracker and Finney on the last list, so we have ample sites.

Ann&Ted

Ann and I needed to postpone our arrival 1 day. We now plan to arrive on the 21st instead of tomorrow. I hope that does not change. We have a problem with the truck and the part required has not arrived at the repair shop. Hopefully it will be there by later today so I can get the repair done tomorrow at the latest. If not done tomorrow, we will have to cancel the trip. Camping is supposed to be fun and calming. At this point, waiting for the repair of our truck, my stomach is in a knot and nerves stretched thin.

I will let you know if we have to cancel.
Ted

Georgia_Biker

My wife informs me we will be bringing something with a "Mexican" theme to the Pot Luck on Thursday - see ya'll!

Mrsfish

It is with deepest apologies that I need to cancel at this late date. I work in a 2 man office and my assistant just was assigned to a 5 week jury. RIck and I are going to drive up on Saturday morning and spend the day with you all if that's alright. A call to the the Rv park has been made.

Doublegranch

Ann:

Sorry you have to cxld.....No issues, see you saturday.

Garry

Ann&Ted

Just heard. The part is not in and unknown when it will arrive. We need to cancel the trip. I just got off the phone with the resort and canceled the site. Very sorry about the late notice. By the way. The truck does run, I just can't put diesel fuel in it. You start the pump and get only about 1/2 gallon before the pump shuts off. Evidently, the Transfer Flow installation puts their fuel hose directly into the Vent hose. This has put constant fuel in the main fill hose, not allowing additional fuel to enter the tank. It thinks the tank is full. It has taken almost take a month to get this resolved. The people who installed the aux tank did exactly what the direction said to do so they thought it had something to do with the main fuel tank or the "flip over" valve that is installed in the tank that prevents fuel spill should an accident occur and the vehicle turns over. Ford would not touch the fuel tank now that I have a "non authorized modification" installed. I took it back again to the people who installed it and they contacted Transfer Flow again and they finally agreed that they should send out a different hose fitting that connects there fuel hose directly to the fill hose in the truck. That was last Monday and the new part was sent out. We were hoping is would arrive for installation today, but that is not the case. Hopefully, once installed, I will be able to properly fill my fuel tank.. It would be nice to tow without the worry of running out of fuel.

Again, sorry about the late notice.
Ted

Doublegranch

Ted & Ann...
Sorry to hear you have to CXLD....Hope you get the truck running soon.
If for some reason you get it fixed, just drive on over....

MTPockets

Just heard. The part is not in and unknown when it will arrive. We need to cancel the trip. I just got off the phone with the resort and canceled the site. Very sorry about the late notice. By the way. The truck does run, I just can't put diesel fuel in it. You start the pump and get only about 1/2 gallon before the pump shuts off. Evidently, the Transfer Flow installation puts their fuel hose directly into the Vent hose. This has put constant fuel in the main fill hose, not allowing additional fuel to enter the tank. It thinks the tank is full. It has taken almost take a month to get this resolved. The people who installed the aux tank did exactly what the direction said to do so they thought it had something to do with the main fuel tank or the "flip over" valve that is installed in the tank that prevents fuel spill should an accident occur and the vehicle turns over. Ford would not touch the fuel tank now that I have a "non authorized modification" installed. I took it back again to the people who installed it and they contacted Transfer Flow again and they finally agreed that they should send out a different hose fitting that connects there fuel hose directly to the fill hose in the truck. That was last Monday and the new part was sent out. We were hoping is would arrive for installation today, but that is not the case. Hopefully, once installed, I will be able to properly fill my fuel tank.. It would be nice to tow without the worry of running out of fuel.

Again, sorry about the late notice.
Ted
Ted, I've had my Transferflo tank over three years and had that problem only one time.. Mine was a kink in the vent hose that occurred during the installation. Once I relaxed the hose and the kink, never had the problem.. Yours may be totally different, but FYI... Hope it's something simple.

Ann&Ted

I had it checked by 2 different places. The place that installed it, and at Ford. Ford charged me $250 just to take a picture and tell me it was a modification, thus not covered. No kinks they could see. Oh well, it makes sense to just let the fuel flow into the main fill hose anyway, not the vent.

MTPockets

I had it checked by 2 different places. The place that installed it, and at Ford. Ford charged me $250 just to take a picture and tell me it was a modification, thus not covered. No kinks they could see. Oh well, it makes sense to just let the fuel flow into the main fill hose anyway, not the vent.
It seems things happens at the most inconvenient time.. The Transferflo does pump into the main fill tube, but there is also a vent tube that hangs down from the aux tank. Mine was hard to see as it was placed behind the fill tube. Apparently it was kinked which blocked the fuel from being able to flow when adding fuel from the stations fill nozzle. After I noticed the vent hose kink, I had no more issues.. The installation book says the vent hose should have a loop in it, then tied off. Do you have your instruction manual? If not I can scan and send you a copy.

Ann&Ted

Thanks for the update and offer. I have the install manual.

Ron-Cookie

Oh Crap.... I was excited to be able to see Ann & Ted as well as Rick & Ann again! Garry you better add that we will be bringing Tamales to the event pot-luck as well as some sausages and maybe fruit as well to the breakfast... I guess we will all have to eat more since we are now down to 14 rigs (and more attending from other states than Arizona ????).... Oh well, Summer is over, temps are under 100, and we are so looking forward to this event.. Even Perle and M'Now are looking forward to the outing... We will be driving up tomorrow morning... I always come in one day early and stay one day after the Rally is over... This Rally is no exception...

Doublegranch

Thanks Ron.....I will put your food items down....
Heading out tomorrow to buy the food...thankful I didn't buy it prior to Colo Rally or we would really have extra...
Safe Travels..

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

Thanks Ron.....I will put your food items down....
Heading out tomorrow to buy the food...
Thankful I didn't buy it prior to Colo Rally or we would really have extra...

Or we might have eaten it all up here . . . :eek:

Wish we could come down there and fill one of those empty spots . . . but can't get away.

However . . . see some of you in Vegas! :cool:

Ann&Ted

We were looking forward to seeing you guy's as well. I hate missing this event. We scheduled all our doctor appointments around this trip. Now it going to be a wait until they are completed. Oh well, I look forward to seeing you at Lake Havasu.

jbeletti

We will have a dinner guest on Thursday night. Sort of an honorary Heartlander from The Netherlands.

Unsure if anyone coming to the AZ rally was at the Gunnison, CO rally about 6 years ago, but if you were, you'll remember Paul Deen, a traveler from The Netherlands.

Paul had just graduated from a university and was taking 6 months to tour the US. He'd rented a minivan, built a bed in it and used that as his base camp. During that tour, he stayed at our home in Chicago for a couple of nights as he toured the Midwest.

Paul gained employment and now travels the world for his work. He is in the states a LOT. He'll be in Phoenix the week of our rally. In fact, and this is no joke, he has now visited more US states than likely anyone that will be at the AZ rally.

Fun guy, will be neat to catch up with him and have him experience more Heartland hospitality. And he's really tall!

So you've all been warned about our guest. Please show him Heartland kindness :)

Last edited:

Doublegranch

Great! We will have ton's of food and I am sure everyone will have a story or TWO!
Welcome Paul to the Ft McDowell Rally.....
Safe Travels everyone!

Doublegranch

Long time waiting but the Ft McDowell Rally starts tomorrow....
I am packing up the Sundance and should arrive around 11 am.
Safe Travels everyone!!!

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired

We will have a dinner guest on Thursday night. Sort of an honorary Heartlander from The Netherlands.

Unsure if anyone coming to the AZ rally was at the Gunnison, CO rally about 8 years ago, but if you were, you'll remember Paul Deen, a traveler from The Netherlands.

Paul had just graduated from a university and was taking 6 months to tour the US. He'd rented a minivan, built a bed in it and used that as his base camp. During that tour, he stayed at our home in Chicago for a couple of nights as he toured the Midwest.

Paul gained employment and now travels the world for his work. He is in the states a LOT. He'll be in Phoenix the week of our rally. In fact, and this is no joke, he has now visited more US states than likely anyone that will be at the AZ rally.

Fun guy, will be neat to catch up with him and have him experience more Heartland hospitality. And he's really tall!

So you've all been warned about our guest. Please show him Heartland kindness :)
Looking Forward to it Jim
Linda

Status
Not open for further replies.