EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AZ, Lake Havasu - 1/10/2017 to 1/15/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Az_Ernie

Garry,

Chevy and Bighorn are on the launch pad. Counting down for a 9 AM blast off! See you and the rest of the crew about 1 PM tomorrow.

Ernie and Marie

Last edited:

chiefaret

Headed to Havasu on Tuesday, hope all have safe travels. Gary found my missing twin brother, great day.

jbeletti

We arrive mid-afternoon today. Got all setup in site 40. Dewinterized the coach. We have water finally - after 3 days of travel :)

Got a bunch of stuff set out and even grilled some burgers. Travel safe and see everyone when you get here.

Lake Havasu, AZ  State Park - Site 40 - RV.jpg Lake Havasu, AZ State Park - Site 40 - Sunset.jpg

paulh

Ann -

Thanks again for the tasty tacos and getting everybody together. Honestly, I think your fajita filling is the best I've ever had. And the views...wow, great spots here. Nothing like a nice sunset on the beach.

Mrsfish

Ann -

Thanks again for the tasty tacos and getting everybody together. Honestly, I think your fajita filling is the best I've ever had. And the views...wow, great spots here. Nothing like a nice sunset on the beach.

You are welcome! We had a blast doing this and getting together with everyone for a prenight. And just for memories

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_0689.jpgIMG_0691.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0688.jpg
    IMG_0688.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 49

Sarge

Garry -

Second check mailed but unfortunately not going to be able to attend.

(Currently in the process of laying off 400 employees due to job killing legislation here in Kalifornistan....)

If anyone can use our spot - No charge.

Just have them make a donation to the Shrine Children's hospitals....

Sarge

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Sarge! Wow so sorry you won't make it but understand! Hope you are going to be okay....unfortunately we have some other last minute not showing up as well so no one left on the waitlist that can take a site this late.

Will miss the keg of beer!!! Next time....

chiefaret

Good start to this get together. Hope the weather cooperates and everyone can see the balloons rise into the morning sky.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course, because John D is not here, I would not try to post any pretty pictures. Except maybe of him in chaps.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Wow what a great first day & evening for this Rally....The RAT team grilled up 30 lbs of super Chicken drummets! We had 7 grills going all at the same time and it was a production line to be seen from a scene in Chef Ramsey's H***'s Kitchen!!A special THANK YOU to the RAT TEAM!!!!!!!!!! You guys really pulled it off!Thank you to all the attendees for your support of the Arizona Chapter! We have a full week of activities and can't wait for the Jimmy Buffet Cheese Burgers in Paradise along with Margaritaville on the beach Thursday evening!Balloons will launch Friday, Saturday & Sunday around Day break, estimated 7:30 am...

Az_Ernie

Thurs Scavenger hunt. I would like to say whether we won or lost our team Wolfman Jack had an amazing time together finding our items. Thanks Gary for the time and effort you put into getting this all together. I hope the other teams had as much fun as we did! Thanks to the judges too! Since what happens in Havasu stays in Havasu I will not post a picture of John getting his fingernail painted orange.
Marie

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Glad everyone is having a great time!

Still wishing we could be there . . .

I'm saving up the Fireball for next time!

chiefaret

Breakfast at Black Bear, weather kind of iffy for a mass balloon ascension, but there were about a dozen that we saw up. Couple flew right over the restaurant. Really nice right now and a few are going up. Hoping for all to see and have a good time. Of course I forgot to take any pictures.

- - - Updated - - -

Hope tomorrows weather ok for the big show

jbeletti

Glad everyone is having a great time!

Still wishing we could be there . . .

I'm saving up the Fireball for next time!

We were talking about you John - in a good way ;) I asked Hippy to make a Fireball Margarita. It was pretty good.

Az_Ernie

Pictures from dinner last nite. Also Breakfast at Black Bear this morning and when we walked out the door this balloon was right there!
Marie

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 60
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 71
  • image.jpg