EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: DE, Lincoln - 10/5/2012 to 10/7/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

dieselsweetheart

As part of our day "out" in Lewes on Saturday, dinner will be at Irish Eyes (Lewes). It's a very nice restaurant along the inlet where we can watch the boats go by, the fishing boats coming in...if it's a nice sunny day the screened-in porch will be a great place to have dinner. The menu offers sandwiches, burgers, and full dinners. There will be a "seek and find" contest using clues that depict places in Lewes, so bring your cameras (if you have a camera on your cell phone, that will work!)

You are welcome to venture into the beach at Rehoboth as well on Saturday, if you'd like before you begin your search using our clues. Dinner will be on the early side (4-ish) so we can get back to the campfire and raffle off the basket. Remember, all proceeds go to the Home of the Brave so I hope your pockets will be deep!

Link to Irish Eyes:

http://www.irisheyespub.com/lewes.html

dieselsweetheart

Also happening in Lewes...CRAFT FAIR on Saturday!!! Ladies!!!

[h=2]October Craft Show 2012[/h] Oct 6, 2012

"Lewes is a quaint historic town located in coastal Sussex County, Delaware, within easy driving distance of major metropolitan areas. Lewes is an exciting destination for Craft buyers with its wealth of historical sights, museums, unique shops, restaurants and pristine beaches. The grounds of The Lewes Historical Society are located near the downtown shopping district. The Historic Complex consists of numerous historic buildings that are open to the public. These houses and museums, surrounded by trees and gardens provide a beautiful backdrop for the Craft Fair."

retrieved from http://www.historiclewes.org/events

dieselsweetheart

I am not sure how many of you are tuning into the thread here, I haven't heard from you in awhile. Rest assured that the rally is on as planned, with Jim taking over the helm for the weekend. Some of you had heard that I had to move my parents out of their home where they lived for 57 years into an assisted living facility, and this has not been easy for them, especially my mom, who just wants to go home. They have been there for 4 weeks, and my dad has been in the hospital for 3 weeks since then. They live in Pgh, I live in DE. I have been traveling home to be with them as they adjust to their new home. My dad however, has been in declining health, and I feel I need to be there as much as I can....because you just never know. I am also busy getting their house in order so we can put it on the market as soon as possible.

But the show must go on! I place the festivities for the weekend into Jim's very capable hands. This is our 4th rally, and although it will be in a new state, it will still have the feel of a "Jim and Cheryl" rally. The agenda is planned and I hope you all enjoy being together....

I would ask that you keep my parents in your thoughts. I hope you understand, that for right now, they are my priority.

Have a wonderful weekend, looks like the weather will cooperate, but it will be chilly on Sunday...

See you on down the road one day!

Cheryl

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Had a nice campfire last night and want to thank Betty Floyd for the Banana S'mores. Umm, Umm, Good!

jbeletti

Cheryl,

Sorry to hear you must miss the rally but with what you must deal with, with your parents is well understood. You're a dedicated and loving daughter.

And, Jim can do it!

Have fun at the "first annual" DE rally everyone!

hillsonwheels

Well the Hills crashed the rally! :eek: Getting to be like the Van Opstal's. We can show up anywhere. We have had fun. Haven't done much except yak and yuk it up with all the folks. Reta wanted to just hang close to the coach. Last night's campfire was another "Proto Family Comedy"....it was a hoot!!!!!!!! Thanks to Jim for hosting a great supper at Irish Eyes. Cheryl, sorry you couldn't be here, but family always trumps a rally!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We are on our way back to NJ and guess what? It's pouring rain! Want to thank Jim for giving us a laid back event to further our friendships. After last week we really enjoyed the relaxing!

Sista Hill, you can surprise us in NJ but if not remember our flight plan and we'll see you in FL over the winter.

To everyone we had a great time with great friends. We will see some of you in 2 weeks and to those not making the trip to NJ we hope to see you next season!

Have fun, drive safe - love ya!

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Had a nice Continental Breakfast this morning and turned our donations over to Home Of The Brave. We are glad to be able to help those who put their life on the line for our freedom.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349622874445.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349622874445.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 32

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Well another rally in the books (this is my fourth year of hosting rallys). Again, I want to thank everyone who came to the First Delaware Rally. For everyone who went down to the little coastal town of Lewes DE for the rally's "seek and find" I am sure you all had a blast. The pix(s) were great and Bob and Betty (with the help of their daughter) actually got the store owner "Marsha" to pose for the picture outside the store, Wow. John and Mary Ann (Proto's) won the "evening of movies" basket and (no John you can not win the seek and find if you never left the campground). The dinner at the Irish eyes was great and thanks again to Bob and Betty for the homemade pumpkin ice cream it was real good by the camp fire. Deb posted the picture of the Home of the Brave donations. Thanks everyone for digging deep and giving, there was a lot to stuff and I know they really can use it. See you all next year.

gschaaf

Gee Whiz Dickle they let you in anywhere!!!! We would have liked to have been there but we had 4 of the grand kids for an overnight camp out on the living room floor. And if you can believe this I'm going to work tommoro!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.