EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: FL, Williston - 3/22/2013 to 3/24/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

SF142

Mickey
Vicki and Tony Simms, HOC#1894 will be attending the Williston Crossing Rally.

Our site number will be 420, and we will arrive around noon on Fri Mar 22, departing the morning of Mon Mar 25

Our rig is a Heartland MPG, towed by our Ford Expedition

Looking forward to the event,
Tony and Vicki

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader
Guys and Girls;
Well a lot has happened over the last couple of weeks. Bonnie and I attended an HDT rally in Hutchinson KS. The wind never stopped blowing the whole time. We left Oct 4, went to rally, she flew home, I'm still on raod, she joins me again tomorrow for Work Kamping Rendevous, and well start our trip home in a week. I have been in some bad areas with reception, and have had a couple of bad days so I'm late getting all people in but there is still plenty of room at the Inn. We are not full, I called yesterday to check, they have another group coming in but also are opening up a new whole section, so we have plenty of room
Many of you know I'm a black top boondocker when traveling. Well I left Hutchinson KS to make a short trip up to Kansas City (250 miles), just short of Olathe, KS I had a fan hub bearings go out, bent fan, fan goes through radiator. For the good news, Good Sams Emergency Roadside Assistance was awsome. Took me to nearest Big Truck Dealer, Olathe Kenworth. Kenworth mechanics, and service personel in general were great, and allowed me to boondock in the side parking lot. I wasn't very straight in the park because tow driver wasn't too good at backing his huge tow truck, my truck, and trailer into parking, but he didn't bend anything thank you. It only cost me $1100 per night, for three nights of stay at the Olathe Kenworth, and they threw in the repairs for free. Cracker Barrel still has it beat cause we usually eat a good meal and they throw in the overnight camping, and I usually get out for $22 with tip. Oh well.
Now I'm sitting in Heber Springs, Arkansas for the Work Kamping Rendevous. Beautiful COE campground.

jbeletti

Yikes Mickey - $3300 in truck repair. No fun :( Happy to hear you guys are getting around. HDT rallies, work camping rallies, boon docking... Won't be long and you guys will be "ready for the road" for good :)

MICKEY

Guys and Girls;
I'm working on roaming charges so I'll combine a couple of messages.

First off we have plenty of room at Williston. If we fill 30 we'll get more. Next Thanks Phil and Pam Lau, Dick and Reta Hill, Terry and June Rainwater, and Vicki and Terry Simms for joining us in Williston. We are going to have a blast.

MICKEY

To all who plan on attending the Williston Rally. If you have made a reservation, and you don't see your name at bottom of post #1, I don't know your coming. If you make a reservation with the desk, post here to let me know, then I'll ad your name to bottom. Also If you tell me you are going are going to come and don't have a reservation, I may not have you on list till you get one. That just keeps book keeping straight. Thanks to all and let's get ready to "RALLY"

floridarandy

All - Ran across pictures of Williston Crossing from our brief stay there a year ago. You'll see the Phase One of developed sites, clubhouse and the Exercise facility under construction. Not sure if there's a pool picture in the group but it was just completed and very nice (bathouse adjacent). All the old trains and cars were in the land for future development. We were told the original developer had intended the train would be renovated and run throughout the property. You'll also see the adjacent quarry areas that have nice hiking trails through them. The subterranean house was, we're told, the original developers. It was vacant when we were there.

There were many other public buildings not shown in the pics. As far as our experience goes, what was completed was as nice as any resort we've been to.

Enjoy.

http://campsites.campnut.airpost.net/Williston%20Crossing/

Randy and Karen

MICKEY

guys and girls;

We're back home. I know several folks left PM's for me and I think I answered all of them. We were in a remote area of Arkansas and were roaming the whole time. I hate to see this bill :) Anyway keep the post coming!

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
We'll be there. Coming directly from the Williston rally. Probably arriving on Thursday, Mar. 28 for 12 days. Ken

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Mickey, my HOC number is 1649. We are in Florida, at TT-Orlando.

MICKEY

Thanks Paul and Sue Alfano for joining us. How is the weather in WI? I bet it will be great here in March. Looking forward to meeting you and Sue, and promise you guys will have a good time. With the great group we have here it'll be a blast.

Mickey

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders
Thanks Paul and Sue Alfano for joining us. How is the weather in WI? I bet it will be great here in March. Looking forward to meeting you and Sue, and promise you guys will have a good time. With the great group we have here it'll be a blast.

Mickey

Paul will let you know about WI weather in about a week when he gets back there. We are in GA now...weather has been great! We are kind of between states at this time. Moved to GA in March and still have home in WI.

kimdot

Mickey & Bonnie,

We would like to attend your Williston, FL rally in March. You can put us down on the list.
I guess we have to contact the RV park for our reservations ? We will want to come in early and leave later.

Thanks,
Kim & Dottie Miranda KIMDOT HOC#1977

MICKEY

Kim and Dottie;

I'll put you on the list. Yes you have to call the C/G and get a reservation. I just saw them this weekend and they say everything is a go. Thanks

Last edited:

floridarandy

Karen and I are spending the night at Williston Crossing on our way up to Florida Caverns State Park for 10 days of camping in the panhandle. There are a number of Heartland rigs here including a couple we met last November when we first discovered this place. We asked them to spread the word about the Rally to the folks parked here for the season. I asked them to check in on this thread so we could get to know the neighbors before we get here. This is really a beautiful spot!

Randy and Karen

MICKEY

Randy and Karen;
Thanks! How is the new part coming? I talked to them at the Daytona Show and they said it should be open Dec 1st. This is a noce place isn't it?

MICKEY

OK boys and girls;

I would like to announce an addition to the scheduling for this event. But I want to ask you guys about the timing of said event. Bonnie would like to have a Ladies Roundtable Discussion, Saturday around noon, where the girls couild discuss several topics relating to Fulltiming, Cooking in the RV, Storage problems and solutions, Craft projects; I'm sure a discussion about DH will enter in there somewhere. Bring your best ideas and solutions. She got the idea after attending another simular discussion group; RDBE (rigs driven by estrogen). Tell us your ideas about Saturday noon. Would you rather be out sight seeing at this time? She wants to have light fare for lunch, Horse Derbies, ect. This was a big hit at the last rally we attended.

MICKEY

Rember folks;

If you have signed up and haven't posted on the forum yet, please do so or email me to let me know. Also check for your name on post #1 to see if your name is there. If not on post #1, I don't know you are coming.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.