EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: FL, Williston - 3/22/2013 to 3/24/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
"See, THIS is why little kids dont believe in Santa anymore... BAD Santa, BAD..."

No No That's GOOD Santa GOOD. See I told you, you wre delusional. We'll have a long talk about your misguidings tomorrow. But AFTER I get my rig placed. No watching!! This thing is bigger than the sleigh and I don't need any witneses until after it's placed!!;)

"On a different thought, when you go "fishing" here you will always catch something. :rolleyes:
"

I'd love to go fishing, just won't have the time though. It will take all of Dick and my time trying to set Larry straight. We have our work cut out for us cuz Larry is such a basket case.:D:D

Bob Vaughn

I saw on Orlando TV today a piece about the "Kirby Family Farm" which is in Williston just south of the rally site. They found a train abandoned in the woods and restored it. They have a web site check it out, especially if you have little kids.

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Larry, Are they still having power problems? We are leaving tomorrow about noon and spending the night at Twin Oaks in Elko. Should be in Williston about mid afternoon
Thursday. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

jbeletti

We arrived mid-afternoon today (Tuesday) and are all setup on site 304. We're next to Walter and Linda West.

Nice place!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1363746759.571596.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1363746759.571596.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 37

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Larry, Are they still having power problems? We are leaving tomorrow about noon and spending the night at Twin Oaks in Elko. Should be in Williston about mid afternoon
Thursday. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

Did not have any problems yesterday Randy but it was very nice in the morning-no heat pumps or A/Cs running. We will see today.

Looking forward to seeing you and Santha

dklaw

Hey, Mickey--we will not be moving to site 221 like we had planned. The site is in the new section, which we checked out yesterday & discovered it is layed out backwards for our camper. The awning pad is on the wrong side, along with the hookups. The office was very kind to us & arranged to let us stay here at Site #507 for the rally. Don't know if you can change the info list on page 1 but I thought you'd need to know this. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Garypowell

Finally after 3 - 4 times of being told where we would park for the rally we were told today we are going to be in 204....even got 4 emails in three minutes to confirm this. Linda and I will be there tomorrow, probably late, and probably on site 204....but wait.....there's more......

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders
Y'all are killing me....unfortunately I have to work tomorrow and cannot get there until Friday a.m. Can't wait....one more day till our first 2013 rally!

Alf's Better Half - Sue

jbeletti

Fun pre-rally day for Nancy and I. I made breakfast on the grill. Then we drove to Cedar Key with Walter and Linda West. Had a great lunch at the Pickled Pelican, did some shopping, had some coffee and headed home.

Did some visiting with Heartlanders outside at our coach, then headed over to the outdoor covered pavilion for a FREE dinner provided by the campground. Steak or chicken, shrimp, onion rings and more. Entertainment too! Really nice time.

Then it rained. REAL hard! But it was all good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Rodbuster

Good morning,

Got here yesterday, got set up and then just relaxed the rest of the day while the heavy rain came down.

There is a golf scramble today at 1PM for the entire campground at a local golf course....are any Heartlanders up to it??? I'm thinking of joining in.
Let me know soon.
Dick

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Good morning,

Got here yesterday, got set up and then just relaxed the rest of the day while the heavy rain came down.

There is a golf scramble today at 1PM for the entire campground at a local golf course....are any Heartlanders up to it??? I'm thinking of joining in.

Let me know soon.
Dick

Dick, You don't have time to go golfing!!! You gotta help me set Larry straight. Too big of a task for just one person.:D

Keith

JJnVA

Arrived this afternoon and are in the new section, site #254. Looks like the sites for HOC members are really scattered around the resort. Wondering if there is a plan in motion for interested folks to gather in one location for dinner tonight? Campfire at the Gazebo Fire pit?

Theresau

We by accident found the rally today. We're staying at Ocala Sun and decided to check out other resorts for the heck of it and this one sounded good. When we got there we couldn't believe how many Heartland coaches there were and then Joe noted Jim B.'s truck and it dawned on us that the Florida rally must be being held :) there.

So we knocked on Jim's door and had a nice visit. We'd like to come for the pot luck but don't have any instructions (we'll bring our own food) on where it is being held in the resort.

Theresa

Rodbuster

Dick, You don't have time to go golfing!!! You gotta help me set Larry straight. Too big of a task for just one person.:D

Keith

Keith, I'm sorry...I think I let you down. There wasn't any representation for Heartland at this golf tournament so I felt that I had to go. The campground plans on doing this tournament every year and this was they're first one. It was a pretty good turn out with 10 or 12 teams. The weather was great.

Keith, I'll be here for the rest of the weekend....I promise I'll be there when you need me. I understand and realize that taking care of Larry is a challenge by itself. There is no doubt about Sam's salvation....she is going straight to Heaven.

Dick

Status
Not open for further replies.