EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: IA, Amana * - 10/1/2010 to 10/03/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: IA, Amana* - 10/1/2010 to 10/03/2010

Bill an Jennifer, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new Bighorn. You picked the right place to go for your maiden voyage.
I believe there will be at least one other 3385 at the rally. If you have questions on your new rig there will be plenty of Heartlanders willing to help answer them.
See you in Amana.

Peace
Dave

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders
Mark,

We have confirmation from Amana Colonies! We will be arriving on Thursday, leaving Sunday. Can't wait...looking forward to meeting new friends at the Iowa rally. We will also be joining you for dinner at the Ronneburg on Friday night. I will get back to you on the potluck dish!

Cookie....get out your Cheesehead Hat!!!! GOOOOOOOOOO Pack!!!!! :cool:

Safe Travels,
Sue

Bill and Joan....Congrats on your new rig!!!!! We hope you enjoy it as much as we have over the past 6 months. You will have to come and see some of the modifications we have made to our 3385.

Paul and Sue

Bob and Chris

Senior Members

Mark,
I responded on another thread, but Chris and I will be coming in sometime Wednesday and Chris will bring BLT macaroni salad for the potluck.

Del600

Iowa Chapter Founding Father

WOW guys and gals, we are up to 19 rigs and 26 people for the dinner on Friday night (details to come on the dinner, with the number of attendees we may switch to a family style meal).

Keep spreading the word, we have a couple of weeks until I have to turn in the final number for dinner, and the potluck is starting to shape of to be a real food fest!!!!!!

The Oktober fest committee has really pulled together some exciting activities so be sure to check their website.
http://www.festivalsinamana.com/oktoberfest.html

Ketelsen RV is going to have their Mobile Service rig on site from 10am - 2pm on Saturday to help rvr's in need and also to answer any questions.

If their is anybody on the fence as to if you will join us or not, you have plenty of time to sign up!!!

IOWA ARE YOU READY TO RALLY

GOTTOYS

Just made our reservations. New rig, New members...Old people, Old dog...... We're coming from Minnesota if this rig will make it that far! Looking forward to meeting everybody.
Put us down for "Something for desert" for the pot luck.

Don

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders
Wow....19 rigs and counting. That is GREAT! We are really looking forward to the rally. We will bring a Relish Tray to the potluck so that we have a nice assortment of pickles, olives....etc.

gotknot1

Loyal Owner & Member
I posted this somewhere else but I will post it here too. I live in Tiffin which is about 14 miles from the Amana RV park. I will be taking Friday off and bring our Sundance down early Friday. If anyone needs some assistance on getting there or what is around, will be available and glad to help. Feel free to call me at 319-930-7790. Tara and I are excited to be bringing our Sundance 320BS pull behind which we just purchased this year and is our first RV. So we are looking forward to meeting fellow Heartlanders!!!

bacaye

Please put down a salad for me plus crock pot green beans. Barb

Also...Barb = bacaye
Bill = ernhrt398.... Membership is under the bacaye..

Barb Yelliott/Bill Liming make up the team Bill and Barb Yelliott-Liming. We did not want to confuse you. Thanks, Barb...Looking forward to your rally.

Also double checking to see if you have us down for the dinner Friday evening?

GOTTOYS

Driving in from up North. Should I take 21 out of Waterloo or just take the freeway to Cedar Rapids and go west on 151? Or is there a better way? Just don't want to get caught up in those huge Friday rush hour traffic jams that happen all over Iowa. Thanks for the advice. Don

convert

Reginald Hromek
My wife and I are new members and registered at the amana rv park for the rally. We will be arriving early, on Sun the 26th, and will leave on the 4th. We would also like to attend the dinner on Fri also if possible.We would like to join in all the heartlend activities. See you there at the rally.We are:D from WI but are presently in IA and have our new 3610RE on its first long voyage.:)

gotknot1

Loyal Owner & Member
Depending on what time your gonna be through....I would just take 380 unless it will be between 4 & 6 pm on friday then I would probably myself take 21. Thats my opinion..... I drive semi and I have batteled the 380 south bound traffic at those times and they are not fun.

GOTTOYS

Thanks for the info Gary. This will be our maiden voyage also. I've had a bunch of trailers but this is our first fiver. I'll watch the time and pick a road accordingly. I know those Friday afternoon freeway messes can be a real headache no matter where you are. See ya there! Don

Del600

Iowa Chapter Founding Father

I am very happy to say we have 23 rigs signed up for next week end and 30 so far for dinner Friday night.

If your name is in BLUE and BOLD in the first post, it means i have you down for dinner on Friday night at the Ronnenburg. If your name is black you have not responded to the dinner. I will send out a note early next week about the dinner plans, it looks like we will do an all you can eat family style dinner.

If you have not yet sent/posted your potluck dish, i will update one more time, I will be gone on business Mon-Wed and then arriving at the campground on Thursday, so very limited access to the site.

My beautiful wife and daughter are up in the colonies today finalizing some last minute arrangements, so final details should be released soon.

Representatives from Ketelsen RV have decided to camp with us as well, Gary, Deb and Tricia will be joining us.

IOWA ARE YOU READY TO RALLY?

Status
Not open for further replies.