EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: IA, Amana - 10/2/2013 to 10/6/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Dave says the comedy show is Thursday at 3 - any sense of when we might be back at the campground if we toured Deere on Thursday? Many of us already have paid for tickets for the show.
The tour is 1.5 hours so probably 5pm. I can put you on the list for friday.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
here is a run down
thursday leave 11:15 tour 1pm return 5pm
1. cody carver

friday is limited to 6 in my reservation

friday leave before 6:30 tour 8am return 11:30-12

1 jbelletti
2 evans waller
3 olcoot

interested but no time specified
jayc

I will go both days if friday is not full.

jbeletti

Do we have an answer for the John Deere tour?

Evans - see post 204. You are in the Friday group, leaving the campground at 6:30 am. Or you can meet us there. If you cannot make Friday, please advise via reply to this post ASAP so you can be slotted in Thursday. As you are not attending the rally, Thursday may be a better choice for you as it allows rally attendees to be slotted Friday. A lot of rally attendees are going to a comedy show on Thursday afternoon, so the Thursday Deere tour won't work for many.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Thursday tour is cancelled since everyone needs to be back for the show that conflicts.

Friday is still on!
plan on leaving the campground by 6:15-6:30am
1. olcoon
2. jbeletti
3. ewaller39
4. silverado23
5. Happykraut
6. iowaone

Last edited by a moderator:

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Thursday tour is cancelled since everyone needs to be back for the show that conflicts.

Friday is still on!
plan on leaving the campground by 6:15-6:30am
1. olcoot
2. jbeletti
3. evans
4.silverado23

5.Bernie

We still have one more spot available.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Tour DetailsTour lasts 1.5 hoursParticipants must be a minimum of 13 years of age (NO EXCEPTIONS)No video cameras or cell phones allowedNo open-toed shoes or sandals allowed

jbeletti

JiM

Is there any chance I could ride with you.

Gary lippe

There are 5 confirmed at this time and I can fit 5 - though for a ride that long, 2 in the back may be more comfortable than 3. I think we'll want to take 2 trucks. So we need one volunteer plus me to drive. We need to leave out not later than 6:30 am. Those riding with me will meet at my place around 6:15 am. We'll get this all worked out tomorrow (Thursday).

jbeletti

Had a great first day at the Iowa Rally pre-rally. Nancy and I arrived around 2:15 pm. Got checked in and setup, then I we walked around to say hi to folks we saw outside.

I had previously instigated a dinner outing to a nearby Maid-Rites joint. About 17 of us went. Been a couple years since I had a Maid-Rite. Can't say that they were awesome, but they were pretty good!

Back at the campground, a few of us went to the office to buy our Oktoberfest tickets. It's going to be rainy/stormy for the weekend, so we got 2 day passes so we could go during any breaks in the weather.

A campfire was made over at Ken and Kathy's place and a good number of people turned out for it (30+). Stories were told (thanks Lou and Dottie!). Roy made campfire dutch oven chocolate cake with cherries. The Fireball, Jack Tennessee Honey and others were passed around. Conversation was had about organizing a potluck breakfast later this week.

Nice time catching up with old friends and meeting new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.